Monday, January 11, 2016

CT Step 11 I will remember those who have given to me. – Journal – CT Step 10


Today:  CT Step 11 I will remember those who have given to me. (MP3)

I will remember those who have given to me. CT Step 11

In today’s practice in gratitude, recall those individuals who have given to you. Think about what they have given, and do not limit them only to those who seem to encourage you in a positive way. For even your adversaries have made you strong, have made you stand upon your own ground and have required you to establish your freedom and to secure it for yourself.

Ask yourself, "Who do I need to acknowledge today for serving me?" And you might be surprised to who comes to mind. Whoever does come to mind, recognize their gift. What did they give you to enable you to find yourself and your way in life? Here your supporters and your critics alike become valuable resources. In this, you learn not to be offended by those who seem to criticize you today, for tomorrow you will recall them in such a way that you will appreciate the opportunity that they provided you to become stronger with Knowledge and closer to the Grace that lives within you and all around you.

Beyond your practice in stillness and your hourly exercises in awareness and discernment, spend time considering the meaning of today’s lesson and receiving those who come to you as you think about it. The past must be a record of gratitude if it is to have any meaning or value at all, and today we learn to seek and to find that gratitude.

Practice 11:    One 30-minute stillness practice.
                         Contemplation practice.
                         Hourly practice.

Picture:  The Lord’s Chapel is on Greenway Road, outside Winchester, Virginia. It is a place where I was able to pursue my expanded journey beginning in 1989, so I remember and the founder and Minister Suwaylu Anniah, woman of vision. Date sign picture taken: September 27, 2009



4:24 p.m. MDT Monday, September 3, 2001 – Boulder

– Highland School patio – ready to meditate. Last night I went to New Castle to see Tom & Diane. This morning when I talked to Diane about Sarah she didn't understand what I said. That was a disappointment. No help for Sarah there – I told her she lived in isolated life.

The Step today #10 – is "I will forgive my past today". It seems I need more to forgive today.

Where am I? Down side of the big insight at Unity. Life is its normal, boring self. I'm enjoying Colorado mountain scenery, but not understanding anything about life here – and why people do and act like they do.

6:19 p.m. I've reviewed this since August 26. Waiting for Cindy. The cassette tape of "infinite community" is better than the text here. I woke up @ Diane's with some additional thoughts.

6:30 p.m. Still @ Highland School. Cindy is coming. Boulder – this is a place where people really care, if you judge by the details of their physical environment.

Maintaining practice; thinking, thinking, thinking. It doesn’t all get to the journal. I would record on a mini-cassette recorder, but most of it never got into the journals. This processing goes on and on – so it can be cleared as lessons are learned. We continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest, but this is the first time you’ve seen Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. Begin at the beginning.

If you do know about Steps, but have not done Steps twice completely, read the related materials, and have a sense of the direction of this study, you won’t get the experience. The Introduction begins:

“This is the Steps to Knowledge Continuation Training. It is designed to build upon the Steps that were learned in Steps to Knowledge to enable you to experience the grace, the power and the direction of Knowledge in your life and to become an expression of Knowledge in everything that you do. If you have completed the book, Steps to Knowledge, twice through and have followed the instructions as they were given without altering the curriculum in any way, then you are now ready to begin this more advanced study”.

If you are an independent student, that is certainly an option. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment