Thursday, May 14, 2015

x2 Step 134 – Journal Step 133 - Review


Today: Step 134 - I will not define my purpose for myself. (MP3)


“I will not define my purpose for myself.” Step 134
Note: It seems the picture for the Step of the day ought to be shown here too, along with the text. I read the Step on my phone and that is convenient. People who want the audio reading, can get that through the link. So, going forward, x2 will give the Step text and picture, followed by journal entry from x2 - way back in 2000. 


YOU DO NOT NEED TO DEFINE YOUR PURPOSE when in time your purpose will merely arise and be known by you. Do not live by definitions. Live by experience and understanding. You do not need to define your purpose, and if you attempt to do so, always remember that it is only a temporary expedient. Do not give it great credibility. In this way, the world cannot anger you, for what can the world do to you but undermine your definition of yourself? If you are not living upon your definitions, the world cannot harm you, for it cannot touch the place of Knowledge that is within you. Only Knowledge can touch Knowledge. Only Knowledge in another can touch Knowledge within you. Only Knowledge within you can touch Knowledge in another.

THEREFORE, DO NOT DEFINE YOUR PURPOSE TODAY. Be without definitions so that the experience of purpose may grow. And as it grows, it will give you the content of your purpose, without distortion or deception. You will not need to defend this in the world, but only carry it like a jewel in your heart.

UPON THE HOUR REMIND YOURSELF not to define your purpose, and begin to think of the cost of doing so in terms of your own past experience. In your two meditation practices, allow yourself to be still. Upon each exhale, speak the word RAHN. RAHN. RAHN. You only need speak the word RAHN upon the exhale in your meditation. Let this be your total focus. This word will serve to stimulate Ancient Knowledge within you and give you the strength that you most need at this time.

PRACTICE 134: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Picture:  The bronze statue of Richard Coeur de Lion (Richard the Lionheart - Richard I) astride his horse, which stands in front of the House of Lords, London.
From the journal Step 133 - Review
Saturday, December 30, 2000

8:45 a.m. RI – my mission is so odd, my vision so unconventional, that it will take a long time to propagate even though it already exists.

The tyranny of the alphabet
– sort by geography – neighbors
– then by peers – population density for counties

The data is there…it is not available to use –
consumer reports –

Whatever the boundaries, there needs to be some overlapping to prevent isolating behavior – too parochial – ---
errors in my life – yes, but I'm receiving insight – so I'm on my path and that's all that counts.

LTWOK – p. 117 – "… Knowledge is the only part of your mind that cannot be controlled or manipulated. It is the only part of you that is really free."

> This is news… Holy Spirit (Knowledge) – recognizing it as the only part that is really free…can be free – is this the truth which sets me/us free. Mind and body serve spirit. First being born, all attention is on the body – and then training the mind, then the spirit. Physical survival comes first – no body, can't be here. Maslow's hierarchy.

10 a.m. I Know that I have an opportunity to contribute. I KNOW for example, that Quality is the best Strategy, yet I could not bring people to do it. They were adverse to measurement, to setting goals, being creative – they saw no benefit, no payoff other than more work. They had no personal ownership. Work was not life – only a job. For me – work was life – but, somehow, my monomania betrayed me – or rather – I did not have the relationships I needed – I could not grow the organization so I had the freedom Howard G… did to travel/promote/write.

Still – Howard's was the old paradigm: Regionalism.

No one looks @ the box – the region. No one Knows where they live –> Where do you live?

p. 118 – Reversing the order of authority, putting spirit in control – in GC Wisdom

– With ACIM I thought I had achieved that. My vision was spirit first – Plan do - but it was necessary to put relationships first? (lie to people, tell them what they want to hear, not the truth about their performance, their work, manipulate them into doing what they can?) All that became confusing – no one wanted to see, hear, think beyond what they knew – so – I'm a shell dweller – on the edge, having an opportunity.
---
> My goal was regional cooperation –

I found there needed to be regional community before there could be regional cooperation.

For States – let localities come together as best they can on a geographic basis, then standardize that regional geography, align programs to it so community emerges. We go regional for market, for affinity.

– Local is what counts – make the regions "local" just as the planet is "local."

10:30 a.m. Spiritual family – in my first or second reading with Christen I was told that in my work I was studying with others – a group of four. Thus, for S2K - GCW to talk about such things – a working group – was a confirmation.

10:40 a.m. My Plan-Do – hierarchy of goals – the numbering 1 – 7 …. There are 4 pillars – and the need seems to be to align the four
---
3:20 p.m. Completed the long review. It is time to hike my path – it is Saturday, my Sabbath.

Where Am I? Where do I live? What are the coordinates?

@ 6 p.m. I came out of the woods. I enjoy the stillness in the woods. I made it to Patience and at Little Bear began to read – LTWOK – Chapter 11 Preparing for the future. It was inspiring. I walked out in the dark with deva lights @ several points. Then I went to the store – then home; Cindy wasn't home. I ate herring, read the paper, watched comedy on TV – set up an audio tape for Book TV – and drank tea/ate chocolate – no completion of the reading

9:20 p.m. LTWOK – we are and immature culture in our own use of land and development of resources. We use trial and error and more error and waste. That I've said over time in relation to land-use planning.

LTWOK – confirms and expands the problem. The Chinese and royals are interested in dynasty, preservation and expansion of power. Few people are in such seats to manage evolution.

We are not mature enough to perceive ourselves as a single race!

A lot going on this day of review. Both the time and the need to write out – process what I’m learning, experiencing in Steps and the other information. Let us continue.

NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment