Thursday, February 26, 2015

x2 Step 57 – Journal Step 56 - Review



Today: Step 57 - Freedom is with me. (MP3) – Journal  Step 56  

Freedom is with me. Step 57


FREEDOM ABIDES WITHIN YOU, waiting to be born within you, waiting to be claimed and accepted, waiting to be lived and applied and waiting to be honored and followed. You who have lived under the weight of your own imagination, you who have been a prisoner to your own thoughts and to the thoughts of others, you who have been intimidated and threatened by the appearances of this world now have hope, for true freedom abides within you. It awaits you. You have brought it with you from your Ancient Home. You carry it with you each day, each moment.

WITHIN THIS PROGRAM OF DEVELOPMENT, you are now learning to turn towards freedom and away from fear and the darkness of your own imagination. In freedom you will find stability and consistency. This will give you the foundation upon which to build your love and sense of self-worth, and this foundation shall not be shaken by the world, for it is greater than the world. It is not born of the misgiving of separation. It is born of the truth of your total inclusion in life.

UPON THE HOUR REPEAT TODAY’S IDEA and take a moment to feel that freedom is with you. As you come closer to freedom throughout the day, you will be able to recognize more and more clearly what holds you back. You will realize that it is but your adherence to your own thoughts that holds you back. It is your interest in your own imagination that holds you back. This will lighten your burden, and you will realize that a true choice is available. This realization will give you the strength to come to freedom today.

IN YOUR TWO DEEP MEDITATION PRACTICES, repeat today’s idea and attempt to allow your mind to be still, which is the beginning of its freedom. This practice in stillness will enable your mind to shake loose the chains that bind it—its unforgiveness from the past, its anxiety over the future and its avoidance of the present. In stillness your mind rises above all that keeps it small, hidden and isolated within its own darkness. How close is freedom to you today who need but be still to receive it. And how great is your reward, you who have come into the world, for freedom is with you.

PRACTICE 57: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Picture: A crow flies freely in the winter sky - Front Royal, Virginia.

From the journal:  Step 56 - Review

7:46 a.m. Saturday, October 14, 2000 – in two days, age 54… I'm sitting in my little office – my electronic nest – and many pieces of my life plan come together… I'm listening to Hearts of Space on my cable modem through the Internet. In one year I'd like this to be where I spend half my time – retiring @ age 55 from the PDC. Yesterday's S2K was accepting the world as it is. Today that is very easy, for the world supports me. The net effect of S2K was to be at home in the world which is not my home. I have the ideas, goals, the trend in my life, and I will continue to pursue it.

S2K is in this short journal entry, but no mention of the Review.

Step 50:  Today I will be with Knowledge.
Step 51:  Let me recognize my fears so that I may see the truth beyond them.
Step 52:  I am free to find the source of my Knowledge.
Step 53:  My gifts are for others.
Step 54:  I will not live in idealism.
Step 55:  I will accept the world as it is.

The Steps note cards only draw from Step 50 and Step 55:


50 – Allow K to (1) give you stillness, (2) give you strength & competency, (3) to teach you, (4) to reveal the universe as it truly exists … 

55 – Idealism is the attempt not to accept the world as it is.

This week, this set of Steps has been revealing. In particular, this from Step 52 stood out as I reviewed today: 

THE SOURCE OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE EXISTS WITHIN YOU and beyond you as well. There is no distinction to the source of Knowledge where it exists, for it is everywhere.”

Everywhere? Like a matrix under-girding what we call reality here in this dimension of the separation? More contemplation required here. Let us continue.

NNC


Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment