Thursday, February 5, 2015

x2 Step 36 – Journal Step 35 - Review



Today: Step 36 - My life is a mystery to explore. (MP3)  



My life is a mystery to explore. Step 36

TRULY YOUR LIFE IS A MYSTERY and, yes, truly it requires that you explore it if you wish to comprehend its purpose, its meaning and its true direction. This is essential for your happiness and fulfillment in the world, for if you have been looking carefully at your life, you will realize you have not been satisfied by little things. For you who seek Knowledge, something greater must be given. You must penetrate the mere surface of things, which seems to adequately stimulate most people. You must accept your deeper yearning or you will cause yourself unnecessary grief and conflict. It is not important what other people value. It is important what you value. If you are seeking for greater meaning, which is true meaning, you must penetrate the surface of your mind.

IN YOUR TWO PRACTICE PERIODS TODAY, again concentrate in meditation upon feeling the presence of your Spiritual Teachers. This is not something you have to try to do. It simply means relaxing, breathing and allowing your mind to open. The quality of your relationship with your Teachers is essential to give you strength and encouragement, for you may justly doubt your own skills, but you have good cause to fully trust the skills of your Teachers who have passed this way before on their way to Knowledge. They know the way, which they are seeking now to share with you.

PRACTICE 36: Two 15-minute practice periods.

The whole text above could be repeated here for emphasis. This is Step 36 of 365 Steps, every one of which is important. This Step is important.

Picture:  Arches National Park, Moab, Utah

From the journal Step 35 - Review

8 a.m. Saturday, September 23, 2000 – Regional Intelligence in Design

8:15 a.m. Writing/publishing about "regional/local/community geographic scale." – For the 4th National Summit>

9:25 a.m. – The creative value of parallel dimensions. Here it's Saturday – I'm doing my work – and Cindy hers – I need to keep my focus – I'm listening to the Wicked Tinkers with headphones and pursuing my multi-tasks of RI, bills, email organization, desk cleaning. – We need to be in separate zones – co-habitating.


The journal goes on, but Steps review is not mentioned. What I wish to show is the wonderful graphic, not really, but: 4:35 p.m. In the shower – in my mind – I saw the table – scale – across a political or service boundary

Is this Knowledge in my life; my Knowledge? I don’t know for sure even now, after working on this for 20 years, because there may be further to go. It is, however, the way inspiration communicates and something you might receive relative to your expertise in the world, or some other area when you have, or should have some concern. The journal or your journaling method is to capture such things that are: “shown to you,” or heard by you, felt by you, or whatever sense might be a conduit for you.

Steps review was again confined to the Steps cards, something I did throughout the year. These notes represent the key points of the Steps as I read them the second time. You may do something different, based on your own learning style. It will take a very long time to get this, so work patiently.


ReviewPoints from note cards


29 – Be self-observant w/o judgement
         - learn to receive and to give so more can be received (Am I giving enough? 11/18/00)

30 – (a) observe your world
          (b) observe what you are doing
          (c) feel if anything needs to be done.
          Goal: view world w/o judgement in order to see world as it is.

31 – My desire for Knowledge is my desire for peace dynamic is my desire to see a different world.

32 – Truth is felt. Breathing takes you beyond your thoughts. … Practice feeling the truth. Do not think the truth.
33 – I have a mission in my life to fulfill.

34 – practice … inner stillness …. Focus your mind on one point - … physical … or … imaginary point if necessary. Let everything settle down inside. Let yourself become as quiet as possible …

35 – You are learning now to become objective about your life without repressing the content of your emotions.
- Guidepost: “I will look, but I will not judge.”

the less you attempt to use your life, the more you will be able to understand it, appreciate it and work with its intrinsic mechanism for your greater advancement.

As we are doing this the second or more time, we can look ahead at the next week of Steps.

Step 36:  My life is a mystery to explore.

Step 37:  There is a Way to Knowledge.

Step 38:  God knows the Way to Knowledge.

Step 39:  The power of God is with me.
Step 40:  Today I will feel the power of God.
Step 41:  I am not afraid of the power of God.
Step 42:  REVIEW
 
Let us continue.
NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment