Wednesday, September 16, 2015

x2 Step 259 - I have come to teach in the world. – Journal – Step 258



Today:  Step 259 - I have come to teach in the world. (MP3)

Step 259 - I have come to teach in the world.

YOU HAVE COME TO TEACH. All you have been doing is teaching since you arrived here. Your thoughts and your behavior are the vehicles for teaching. Even as a little child you taught and delighted and frustrated those who loved you. Throughout every stage of your life you have taught, for teaching is the natural function of demonstrating life. Thus, you naturally have a teaching function. Even if you do not carry this out in any formal sense with people, your life is a demonstration and, therefore, a form of teaching.

THAT IS WHY AS YOUR LIFE BECOMES ALLIED with Knowledge and expressive of Knowledge, your life will become the teaching itself. Then, in whatever avenue you are directed to choose for your self-expression, which will be genuine according to your nature, you will be able to express your teaching in gestures great and small, in words and without words and in accomplishments in every avenue and walk of life because you have come to the world to teach. The world can only teach you that you need to teach the truth. That is the world’s teaching to you. It teaches you of the great need for Knowledge, and it teaches you of the presence of Knowledge. Thus, the world serves and supports your true function, as you serve and support the true function of life.

REMEMBER THIS IDEA UPON THE HOUR. In your two deeper meditation practices give yourself to thinking of this very, very carefully. These are practices of mental engagement now. Think of the meaning of today’s idea. Realize that you have always been teaching through demonstration. Think of what you want to teach with your life and think of what you want to fortify with your life. Think of what you want to give and think of what the world has given to you to stimulate this true desire. All these things will generate right thinking and right action, and through right thinking and right action Knowledge will flow effortlessly through you to bless life around you and to bring purpose, meaning and direction to your relationships.

PRACTICE 259: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


May 4, 2001

8:15 a.m. Step 258 – Who are my friends today?

Practice #1 – not a deep silence nor a still stillness. I sit here long. I feel alone. My friends in spirit are invisible. Where are my friends? …

Rereading's Step 258 – trying to understand – Know – that I do have friends and am not alone – that "Your desire for K is motivated by all those who still refused to reclaim K, for they in the future will be your friends as well".

My focus is on finding, uncovering, establishing communication with those who support cooperation. (Turn markets into community; community as the basis of markets.)

The trick: Dwell in time with purpose. When I consider my purpose as it has emerged, I have many friends – it's just that we are not physically near – thus I live in my mind.

When I looked at my world atlas – I recognized my many friends throughout time who have worked to present the world to itself. Mapmakers/explorers.

Then I looked at the house – TV, stereo, CDs, furniture, the house, the town services, the governance structure – all the work of friends.

Many, if not most of the people who have lived had meaning, purpose and direction – if simply to survive.

So, I am not in a totally hostile environment. Most people consider themselves cooperative – within their own boundaries. They believe in cooperation, but their actions fall short – because they believe in self-reliance/independence as absolutes rather than the “relatives” they are.

Am I alone? No. Do I have friends? Yes. Do I expect too much? Sometimes. Do I know all I need to Know? No. Do I Know what I need to Know? Yes. Can I do it? Yes – my small part, which is for me a big solution.

Step 258 text: "…the essence of learning is always to become engaged with Knowledge itself and to allow Knowledge to express itself through you".

9:10 p.m. Where am I this Friday night? Worked until 6:30 p.m. Spent most of the day writing Warren F…'s nomination for the Tech award. Very interesting. A strong-minded man. I should be inspired.

Cindy cool… communications slowly restored. I called Mom and talk to her… told her of Sarah. Then talked to Dad. A long call… not too exciting. Boring at the end.

There's more I could do… but I'm tired of paperwork. It never ends. … turn the whole house into my map gallery – library. I need to be at the office to have contact with people. It is hard to leave @ the end of the day.

How does the world work? I'm not quite sure.

The Pillar of Health requires vitality. It comes and goes with me – since I have to self-start.

P. 28 – LTWOK– w/o perspective on health – "… based on what is actually needed in your life, you will fall prey either to neglect or to obsession, and this will disable you from living a balanced and purposeful life".

Now – for the past 5 years since ending Tai Chi – I've had neglect and – with food, obsession. Those were reactions to my mental environment – the continued stress of family, …, work.

LTWOK says "Your primary concern, in living in the world and in learning to live The Way of Knowledge is to develop adequate skills in the physical and mental environments". Physical is so you can live a balanced life – mental because of GC emergence.

It says, "You do not need skill in the spiritual environment because K is in you and because you are connected to your Spiritual Family and to the Unseen Ones, who oversee your development".

This is an amazing statement. I've spent a good bit of my life looking for spirit when I already had it. K should be the easy part – it's managing mental & physical that is a challenge.

Practice #2 –

Figuring out relationships is a lot of work. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment