Thursday, September 17, 2015

x2 Step 260 - I am a friend of the world today. – Journal – Step 259



Today:  Step 260 - I am a friend of the world today. (MP3)

Step 260 - I am a friend of the world today.

YOU ARE A FRIEND OF THE WORLD TODAY, and as you experience this you will experience the world as a friend to you, for the world can only reflect your purpose as you express and experience it. Here you will experience a new world with Knowledge, a world that you had not considered before, a world that you only momentarily experienced before.

BE A FRIEND OF THE WORLD TODAY, for you have come to be a friend of the world. The world is in great need. It is demonstrating great confusion and error, and yet you have come to be a friend of the world because the world needs your friendship. In this, you receive a greater reward than anything you could secure for yourself alone, for anything you secure for yourself alone you must take from life. Yet, anything you give and receive as a friend to the world, life gives to you, and it does not lose in the exchange. Then, there is no guilt in your giving and in your receiving. Here your involvement is wholesome and clean. With Knowledge this becomes evident and is demonstrated day after day until you finally learn that it is true without exception.

UPON THE HOUR BE A FRIEND TO THE WORLD. Recognize that all anger comes from confusion and that Knowledge is emerging now to resolve all confusion. As a result, your life is now engaged with true resolution and not with compounding the world’s predicament. Your
life is about resolution and not predicament. Be a friend to the world. In your two deeper practice periods in stillness, give yourself to being a friend to the world, for this will ease the world’s confusion. As you learn to give this with Wisdom and discernment, you will allow the world to become a friend to you, for the world wishes to become your friend as well.

PRACTICE 260: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.



 “4/1/00 How can this lesson be so perfect?  KNOWLEDGE”
[and a year later]
5/5/01 – Saturday – Again – the perfect lesson”.

From the journal: 

6:40 a.m. Saturday, May 5, 2001

Center for Regional Communities.

What do I know? What do I think? What do I want?

I want to understand What I Know!

Woke up early in a dream of a PDC meeting. I was director again, Carolyn was the secretary – we were in a library like room, setting up for meeting – a reporter was there. I was in the typical frantic moments of who will show…

Once awake I began again to ponder my fall in order to understand what I really want to do. I'm more comfortable having freedom now to pursue bigger priorities – like a FIPS code for State Standard Regions.

New Vision Regionalism: Regional Communities and Governance Coordination

S2K #259 – "I have come to teach in the world". Practice #1 – I've already done it – expounding that which needs to be taught.

The text says: "Think of what you want to teach with your life and think of what you want to fortify with your life. Think of what you want to give and think of what the world has given to you to stimulate this true desire. All these things will generate right thinking and right action, and through right thinking and right action Knowledge will flow effortlessly through you to bless life around you and to bring purpose, meaning and direction to your relationships".

– My goal – to be a teacher of God. In this, S2K and ACIM are the same – teacher of God/unhealed healers. It is process. It is life. I teach my needs and receive such teachings from others. There are many needs in the world. They are met through cooperation, through community. S2K – teaches greater community. Our frame of reference will expand.

– The practices call for two 30 minute sessions – and hourly… I'll spend the day because, as it was 4/1/00 – this is today's perfect lesson for me.

9:30 a.m. – Rereading the Manual for Teachers – ACIM. I began study of the Course in September, 1989. I traded a copy of the Urantia Book to Sue for an ACIM copy.

Just as Christen's guides told me Urantia and ACIM needed to be taken together, I knew Steps was a continuation of these spirit communications, which were themselves continuations of the Books of the Bible, Koran, etc.

– I come back now to ACIM – with experience. Section 1. Trust under "What are the characteristics of God's teachers" – frame my unburdening. The "period of unsettling" which I thought to be the separation and divorce, relationships with women, of the 1980s – was not my real "unsettling" – nor my real area of teaching. That has come in the past ten years. – RI-RC – all that I wrote about earlier. So – with hindsight – I understand the past ten years – and push on to learn from ACIM again. As I was doing this work – Marshall was receiving the next lessons.

It is the wholeness – the holy, holy, holy - that I desire - and the return to God/has given that to my soul.

[I am unhappy here away from God on earth, but not ready to return to heaven. 4:01 p.m. 5/12/01]

2. Honesty – "All other traits of God's teachers rest on trust".

It was a great surprise to me that Cindy said she loved me and married me, but did not trust me. I said w/o trust it's not love – it had to be fundamental.

To trust – and allow error – misfeasance rather than malfeasance – is critical. Errors of learning… – that takes wisdom.

– Honesty – I recorded here recently, my greatest error @ PDC was to be honest – 8:25 a.m. May 1 –

3. Tolerance says Teachers are not judgmental. In my being honest with people about their work and need to improve skills I was taken to be judgmental – ENTJ - which – was harsh in the minds of recipients – employees became disloyal and self-protective. Marie has been dishonest – taking based on her power with people. She learned enough to help perpetuate the Commission. Steve will eventually understand. That's not my work now – I've been unburdened – unsettled. So here I must be tolerant – and trust K teachers – life

4. Gentleness – my response to the attack has been patience and gentleness. They are amazed – the work advances.

5. Joy – "Joy is the inevitable result of gentleness. Gentleness means that fear is now impossible, and what could come to interfere with joy?"

Not here yet. I have moments of fearlessness – and joy – but that's not the heartbeat. This affirms the path and so I take heart.

As of now – 10:25 a.m. – I intend to review the ACIM teachers’ handbook – then hiked to patience. This is the day of "Pee Wee's Big Review".

6. Defenselessness – "God's teachers have learned how to be simple. They have no dreams that need defense against the truth". – OK – on the path to simple/simpler

"It is not danger that comes when defenses are laid down. It is safety. It is peace. It is joy. And it is God".

7. Generosity – "The teacher of God is generous out of self-interest". Not with physical things – but with things of God he can both keep and give away.

8. Patience – "Those who are serving of the outcome can afford to wait, and wait w/o anxiety. Patience is natural to the teacher of God. All he sees is certain outcome, at a time perhaps unknown to him as yet, but not in doubt". – Yes – RC-RI – Local planet.

[Money can wait. Wealth can wait!]

9. Faithfulness. The extent of faithfulness is a measure of advancement in the curriculum.

"Faithfulness is the teacher of God's trust in the Word of God to set all things right; not some, but all". – Not apply to all problems – "To give up all problems to one Answer is to reverse the thinking of the world entirely. And that alone is faithfulness".

Faithfulness to God/Son of God is the non-separation. (!) (?)

3:55 p.m. At the Trail Head – in the car – a summer downpour –

Time to continue the ACIM Manual for Teachers review.

10. Open-mindedness – it comes with lack of judgment. As judgment shuts the mind against God's teacher, so open-mindedness invites him to come in…. Only the open-minded can be @ peace, for they alone see reason for it".

"How do the open-minded forgive? They have let go all things that would prevent forgiveness. They have in truth abandoned the world, and let it be restored to them in this and joy…".

4:38 p.m. ACIM – some of it works; some does not. Illusion must be dealt with… and S2K offers a way. So – I do my best to integrate.

5:50 p.m.@ Little Bear – playing with matches, tobacco – fire and smoke – a 3 x 5 index card to roll a cigarette. Smoke a little of the peace pipe.

Here for Practice #2 –

What has the world taught me and what do I need to teach?

It seems the world has taught me it is whole. I don't know exactly when or how that occurred – or why I even thought about it. In considering being a writer I thought I'd write a book that had been written. Thus I teach and learn in planning and futures. It seems to me there are better ways to do physicality. I've learned some – some has emerged – and I'm sure there's much more. RI/RC

Both ACIM and S2K talk about teaching. ACIM focuses, it seems, on physical healing – a priority for many people. Much illness is psychosomatic – so mental healing makes sense.

My experience with ACIM was that thinking/change of thoughts could not heal everything. Not deal with Sarah's, David's or Cindy's needs. It helped, but I felt that with total healing I’d disappear, as Urantia says happens when you connect with your thought adjuster.

Physicality will remain here and S2K is a method to deal with that. RI/RC will continue to emerge – I'll learn/teach/learn.

"The world can only teach you what you need to teach the truth".

The New Testament says, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free".

I'm open to knowing and being able to teach the truth.
Amen & Amen
T-om Su ne
Family of Sha-Rone

11:37 p.m. Time for bed. …

To “make sense of the world” has been a long term goal for me. Thought and writing go together, so a long review of an earlier teaching. For other students, there may be other perspectives to review. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment