Friday, September 11, 2015

x2 Step 254 - I trust my Teachers, who abide with me. – Journal – Step 253



Today:  Step 254 - I trust my Teachers, who abide with me. (MP3)

I trust my Teachers, who abide with me. Step 254

TRUST YOUR TEACHERS, for they are entirely trustworthy. They are here to initiate Knowledge within you, to remind you of your origin and your destiny and to guide you in matters great and small. Trust your Teachers. They will not take the place of your Knowledge but will step back as Knowledge comes forward within you. Trust your Teachers, for they have already accomplished what you are now attempting, and they are teaching it to you now so that they may fulfill their destiny in the world. Trust your Teachers, for they have no goal or ambition other than Knowledge. Thus, their approach to you is entirely uniform and honest—without deception, confusion or conflict of mind.

AS YOU LEARN TO RECEIVE YOUR TEACHERS, you will learn to receive their approach to life. In this, they will give you harmony, balance, power and direction. You cannot respond to honesty dishonestly. You must learn to respond to honesty with honesty. You must learn to respond to direction with a desire for direction. You must learn to respond to commitment with commitment. Thus, in your response to your Teachers, you learn how to respond. You learn to value what is valuable, and you learn to release or overlook what is meaningless.

AS YOU TRUST YOUR TEACHERS, you will trust yourself. Remember this upon the hour. In your two times of great refuge and happiness, in meditation, return to your Teachers whom you now trust. In stillness and in silence they will abide with you, and you may bathe in the depth of their love. You may experience their universal affection and receive their grace, which will only stimulate your Knowledge, for only your Knowledge will be stimulated.

PRACTICE 254: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Teachers abide. In today’s picture you can decide: are the clouds your Teachers and you the mountains, or is it the other way around? Maybe you are one of the stalks of grass, or a tree, so the clouds and/or mountains are your Teachers. This view is from the road west from Boulder up to Gold Hill, Colorado.




More issues than insights today. Long entry. This is always optional.
9:39 a.m. Sunday, April 29, 2001 – Texas – Confused – living among the confused. The world is set up so the poor pay more and get less. This is not new – only that through David & Sarah's lives I see it.

Having David and Sarah, their being adopted – and …– I … had many life experiences I never planned for. Being a parent sent me in search of God. Urantia says every soul must parent @ some time.

I'm ashamed, sad and angry – for my reaction is to take blame and make judgment, but as a Student of Knowledge I know that is inappropriate and not helpful.

How you live is immaterial? Not according to the four pillars.

Our society is controlled by the big wealth which puts out junk for people to buy, kills them with financing and 900 phone numbers. Leland had unblocked Sarah's phone and ran the bill up to $1800.

The game preserve example from Cheetah Outreach was an important lesson on boundaries. In the fenced game preserves, with hard boundaries, the big species dominate. The same thing is going on in the economy. (Hard boundaries limit diversity.)

10:39 a.m. Practice #1 – 253 – "All things I truly need will be provided for me". This meditation – in a noisy house – 3 adults, 4 kids, I began – mentally putting my personal mind in a meditation place, so I could listen to my impersonal mind or Teachers. My body was still – and silent, but there was a tour – looking @ need.

Looking back on my entire life I've gotten what I need to move me along. What about David and Sarah, and those souls now and relationship with them?

I can have faith for myself – but not faith for them. [They need their own faith – my faith is that they learn.]

The bigger movement that is happening – the move from tribal to community, is not giving the support in family that the tribal one gave. The extended family is not helping – the separation of suburbia is dysfunctional when family is isolated.

This is ugly and wasteful.

Commercial – community. Those that only seek commercial advantage – are not long-term supporters of life?

The day goes on. George didn't come home. Sarah is worried.

People with too much and nothing all at the same time. M.E. – A relationship error? Probably… Cindy? … But here I am and faith will take me to the end of my physical life.

I can't be Sarah's solution.

I'll need to go home Monday, but may have to come back again. Sarah is my concern and her baby.

S2K isn't big on prayer. The Bible says <Jesus said> God knows our needs before we ask.

This commercial world creates wants and doesn't meet needs. Is that a mis-evolution? The mind control of aliens or advertising or the status quo?

From tribal to community – to global community. How long does that take so there is no loss. To be satisfied with a niche, you need to recognize you are not the pinnacle.

[new journal]

4:58 p.m. Sunday, April 29, 2001 – In Texas – the afternoon spent with Sarah… looking for George – meeting his Dad – who didn't Know much about Sarah.

When I saw George and Sarah together they looked alike. I expected that Sarah looked like George's mom – who is deceased. There – at his father's townhouse, I saw a picture of George's mom – and she looked like Sarah… as I expected.

We had a talk – I talked – Sarah may have listened. I told her I didn't like paying for David's lessons or hers – ones M.E. and I already learned. She still owes $$800 on her phone. I said I’d pay that – to get her phone back. She's mad that we spent more on David

It turned out George was on his way back to the trailer. We drove back – had the talk on the way.

I told her she kept people away with her anger – but would never learn if she didn't talk about it. I told her men/boys were stupid/bad hurt her unless she got smarter.

I don't know if George will be the baby’s adoptive father… He's hurt now, as is John, George's brother and his father. Who knows – the baby could be carrying the mother soul back?

Step 253 – All things I truly need will be provided for.

I'm getting what I need – except sanity through my kids. God/Spirit may not tackle those problems.

To show my power – get what Sarah needs – I bought her a new VCR @ Kmart $59 plus tax and three videos – at Blockbuster –

> I'll need peace.

11:22 p.m. Back @ David's – spent time w Sarah and George @ Tippins –

He's bright, but has no particular direction. We had a philosophical – religious discussion – me probing his knowledge. It's there – hidden – he's not got the perspective on history – nor meaning, purpose or direction – Still – Sarah meets his needs and vice versa. They may get married the gas smell in the trailer does not seem safe. George's grieving his mother's loss.

The relationship does not seem to be hurting either of them… So – I'll not say no, though I am worried it will be long-term.

If you read through to here, hope you received some benefit. Let us continue.

NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment