Friday, September 25, 2015

x2 Step 268 - I will not be deceived by complexity today. – Journal – Step 267



Today:  Step 268 - I will not be deceived by complexity today. (MP3)

I will not be deceived by complexity today. Step 268

PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD BECOME COMPLEX when there is a difficulty that requires correction and development, and that becomes mixed with everyone’s preferences, everyone’s desire to protect what they have and everyone’s competition with each other. Thus it is that problems in the world become complex, and no matter what you do to attempt to solve them, somebody is disenfranchised. Someone is upset. Someone loses. In your societies this is manifest. But this only represents people’s fears and ambitions in contrast to their Knowledge. In Knowledge you are willing to relinquish anything that stands in the way of Knowledge. You are willing to relinquish anything that is harmful to you or to others. You are willing to disengage from any situation which no longer proves to be beneficial to you or to others. This is because Knowledge makes true honesty possible. This is a selfless form of involvement in the world, and thus it is beneficial to all.

THEREFORE, WHEN YOU LOOK AT A PROBLEM IN THE WORLD and it appears complex, it is very difficult at first to see simply what the problem is. But the solution is always very direct. It is people’s fear of this that disables them from recognizing the obvious. It is given you this day to realize that there is a direct solution to all problems that require a solution. Sometimes a solution is obvious all at once. Sometimes it must be approached in stages. But each step is very direct if you are following Knowledge.

TO APPROACH PROBLEMS IN THIS WAY you must approach them without fear or preference. You must follow Knowledge and not attempt to use Knowledge to solve things according to your own designs. You cannot use Knowledge in this way, but you can follow Knowledge, and in following Knowledge you will follow a path of resolution. This is a path that few people will be able to recognize at first, but it is a path that will prove utterly effective over time, for it will free everyone involved and provide a means of successful self-application for everyone involved. Thus, the man or woman of Knowledge in the world becomes a source of resolution and restitution in the world. And their presence and their activities will always influence every situation for good.

DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THE SEEMING COMPLEXITY of the world’s problems, for with Knowledge all things are simply resolved. Knowledge is not deceived, and as you learn to be with Knowledge, you will not be deceived either.

REMIND YOURSELF OF THIS IDEA upon the hour and in your two deeper meditation practices, enter once again the sanctuary of stillness within you. Become accustomed to stillness because Knowledge is still. Become accustomed to stillness because in stillness you affirm your goodness and your worth. A mind at peace is not a mind at war. A mind at peace is not deceived by the world.

PRACTICE 268: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


1:08 p.m. Sunday, May 13, 2001 – Mother's Day.
Our 2nd visit to the Unitarian Universalist Church in Frederick County. A nice community, lots of kids – Cindy isn't getting much – she prefers Unity.

Today's Step # 267 – "There is a simple solution to all problems that face me today". It is called work. I thought I could float through life on spiritual guidance, but that's not going to happen. Today's practice called to be still, not "and silent". My first practice was noisy – lots of simple solutions – all involving focused work. For my weight/strength problem – "eat less and exercise". For my RI – advancement – "do the web course". For my afternoon when I thought about the fear market – "no need to look for books that give a spiritual path – I have one". – No need for more stuff that "confuses" – Where to put it?

As for the work – keep a list, get it done – by using the list.
– A city is its infrastructure
– Suburbs are attempts to avoid infrastructure costs.

Technology – 7 rich years, now 7 lean years?

2:54 p.m. There's the list and what's not on the list. S2K – talks of joy – but is mostly work – joyful work. It says we can rest when we get to heaven. The Amish, the Mennonites – fundamentalists of all stripes should be the salvation of the world. They control their own minds with a limited world view. How does one see a broad view of the world – diversity – and conflicting intellectual views – w/o

3 p.m. Chime – the simple solution – Keep working.

3:29 p.m. Read through the creating resume work in the HTML textbook. I'm already exhausted and bored.

I could do my own resume – but I don't want to work anywhere. I have the answers to planning, but no one is asking the questions.

3:30 p.m. So – I'll do my 2nd practice.

5:35 p.m. After Practice #2 – I was still unmotivated. Looking around to find the "simple solutions – I saw my world atlas – which I bought six months ago, but which I haven't explored. Once I read the preface, which sent me off into outer space.

This time I opened the book – about 4:10 p.m. and have spent the last 90 minutes going over the maps and views – sensing the greatness of the planet on which I live, getting a sense of history/time passage over the earth's geologic ages – and looking at the veneer of economic activity based on countries and continents. It is a busy world – and a tribute to the work of others that so much information is available.

Are there alien groups analyzing all this knowledge? Taken all together – with this one view – how can the world not be one?

10:53 p.m. To bed. I should retire @10 and get up @ 6: Tomorrow's lesson is important. I'm still not comfortable w my difference in life – laziness/aversion. Yet how else can I have the time to be what I am?

George left Sarah today. They'd had a fight. He thinks he can fix her. I told her to rethink her options – and if he came back, it would be on her terms – if he didn't contribute – he was out.

My little life… I think I'll keep it. It may be of use to K.

Ending this entry with a bit of humor. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment