Monday, December 7, 2015

x2 Step 341 - I am happy, for I can now receive. – Journal – Step 340



Today:  Step 341 - I am happy, for I can now receive. (MP3) 

I am happy, for I can now receive. Step 341

LEARN TO RECEIVE AND YOU WILL LEARN TO BE HAPPY. Learn to give and your happiness will be confirmed. In the simplest of words, this is what you are undertaking. If you do not make this complicated with your own ideas and expectations, you will be able to see the ever present truth of this, and you will learn exactly what it means and what it will require. Remember that complexity is a denial of the simplicity of truth. The truth will carry forth its activity each day, step by step, as you are carrying forth your preparation each day, step by step. As you learn to become a student of Knowledge, you learn to live the truth. The simplicity of this is ever present to you, for truth is simple and evident to all who look for truth and to all who look without the weight of condemnation or judgment.

REMEMBER YOUR PRACTICE UPON THE HOUR and in your deeper meditations, once again reinforce your capacity and desire for stillness. For if you experience a little more stillness each day, it will grow and grow and will fill your life and emanate from your life like a great light, for you are here to be a light unto the world.

PRACTICE 341: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


July 25, 2001

12:44 a.m. Step – "My practice is my contribution to the world". I must be practicing something. S2K is what I chose to practice. (Like ACIM – Always teaching; S2K – Always practicing)

7:58 a.m. The world is an awesome place. Humans must recognize their environment, their playground – in honor it, or they will act foolish and abuse/destroy it.

10:23 p.m. In Madison – on the Capitol Square. The campus has new buildings – but remains the same. Paul's Bookstore is still there. We walked the State Street – ate dinner – watched people. I could have ended up here – but didn't – even thinking of a move here – I'm needed – or rather my work is in Virginia. Wisconsin is nice – they’re doing well. The Midwest could be more cooperative – and they will be.

Today's Step 340 – "My practice is my contribution to the world". It does not seem to be helping David or Sarah. – I need the practice of others to do that. I need the practice of many…

People already think the world is cooperating on their behalf…and it is – to a degree.

Travel, I find, leads to new thoughts, yet the old challenges are not left behind.Let us continue.

NNC


Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment