Tuesday, December 15, 2015

x2 Step 349 - I am happy that I can finally serve the truth. – Journal – Step 348


Today:  Step 349 - I am happy that I can finally serve the truth. (MP3) 

I am happy that I can finally serve the truth. Step 349

IT IS YOUR GREATEST JOY, it is your greatest happiness and it is your greatest contentment to finally serve the truth. Your past has been frustrated and dismal because you have attempted to serve things without foundation and meaning. You have attempted to identify with things without purpose and direction. This has rendered to you the feeling that you have no purpose, meaning or direction. Feel happy now that you can represent the truth and serve the truth, for the truth gives you all that is true. It gives you purpose, meaning and direction which are what you have sought in all of your engagements, relationships, activities and endeavors. This is what you have sought in all of your fantasies, in all of your concerns and in all of your hopes.

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TRULY WANTED is being given to you now. Learn now to receive what you have truly wanted, and you will realize what is true. You will also realize what you have always truly wanted. This enables the truth to become simple and evident. This enables your own individual nature to become simple and evident, for in simplicity all things are known. In complexity all things are concealed. Only what is mechanical in the world can be complex, yet its essence is simple and can be directly experienced. Only in controlling what is mechanical in life, which you must do to a certain extent, are there complexities, but even these complexities are simple to determine step by step. Thus, your approach to life must be simple, whether you are dealing with simplicity or complexity. The complexity that we speak of, which is a form of denial, represents the complexity of your own thinking and the difficulty in your own approach.

BE HAPPY, THEN, THAT YOU CAN SERVE THAT WHICH IS TRUE, for this will simplify all things and will enable you to deal with mechanical complexity in a direct and effective manner. Be happy, then, that your life has purpose, meaning and direction, for you serve that which has purpose, meaning and direction. Remember this upon the hour, and in your two deeper practice periods re-enter stillness with great receptivity and devotion. Remember that you give yourself here, that practice is giving, that you are learning to give and that you are learning to serve. You give what is true and you serve what is true, and as a result you experience what is true and you receive what is true. Therefore, this is a day of happiness because you serve what is true.

PRACTICE 349: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.
Picture: This door knocker, “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”, Joshua 24:15 is on my neighbor’s front door. I don’t recall how long it was there or when I first noticed it. My initial thought about it was that “my house” meant simply the physical building. Since perhaps 2010, the last five years, as a consequence of Steps study, it came to me that “my house” is my Spiritual Family. I’m not the head of this family, but a member.




This is another powerful Step. That will be the norm as we close in on the second completion of the “Steps to Knowledge.”

 
The last part of the first paragraph is underlined: “…your being knows while your mind thinks and your body acts. Thus it is that the power of Knowledge is the power of being, of which you are a part.

In response, at the top of the page I wrote: “Being w/o question ACIM”  and “I am that I am” in response to “being knows.”

The phrase “being without question” comes from Chapter 6: The Lessons of Love - V. The Lessons of the Holy Spirit in A Course in Miracles in this statement: “The Voice for God speaks only for belief beyond question, which is the preparation for being without question.”  I was doing this study in the late 1980’s up through the late 1990’s when I began Greater Community Spirituality. I read this as a goal and have had the experience on occasion. Steps practices have helped, as noted here on the page in 2000 and 2001.

From the journal:  
 
1:12 a.m. August 2, 2001 – Up late – 2 beers, watching MTV – Kid Rock and ZZ Top doing blues – MTV 20th anniversary.

No reason to be up. I didn't go to the Stephen Greer lecture. Spirit said no. At 9 p.m. David called. I had to talk to him – gave him the Four Pillars as a way to get out of this hole. This is the second time I talked to him about the Four Pillars. I hope he understands. There is more that I could do – why not? Why don't I do it?

The Step today – 348 "Today I will witness the world unfolding".

– A prayer I wrote today – August 1, since S2K doesn't offer much:

"My prayer for Sarah Marie Christoffel and David Thomas Christoffel, and those in their lives, is that their Knowledge may emerge more strongly for their benefit and that of the world, as I seek to strengthen my own presence of Knowledge.
                        Nasi Novare Coram
                                            

My life is unfolding – When will I truly Know?

Allies of Humanity – Q: CSETI is scanning the universe for signals. Why doesn't the GC give the signal that is being sought?

8:15 a.m. The unfolding of the world – boundaries – their function and dysfunction. Cooperation requires power-sharing. Machine intelligence is networking itself. Human intelligence will need to do the same.

9:14 a.m. Reviewing Step 248 – "Today I witness the world unfolding". "Being Knows" it says. After the Saturday review I begin the Final Steps.

My being Knows it should be here.

My mind and body remain unsure – well really, just my mind.

Vision is a curse? – Seeing things to be done and working toward them is a difficult path.

10:57 a.m. I want to work with the code – the DNA of things that align so that better things can happen. The foundation is one of unity, of unit. [8/31/02 – Linked – not a single gene does much – a combination so it is in regional cooperation – a combination of things.]

– Note – check with England to see how they code for regions –

– The Perfect Region – like "the perfect storm". A book – movie.
– A matter of alignment.

11 a.m. The world unfolding – debris at the surface.

3:35 p.m. – The tragedy of the region – tragedy of the commons. Proprietary approach to data. Winchester – Frederick EDC no longer sends me workforce PDF – I sent it with data users – …– Failure to see – and invest in communications for the region – leads to disjointed work.

11:15 p.m. Last night up until 2 – I don't want to repeat that. After the walk with Cindy and ensuing discussion about the kids, life and spirituality… Cindy declared I only looked on the dark side. And always had in our 10 years.

Does this relationship work? I have time for my practice. Our time together isn't much… she has no connection to my work.

I sent my prayer for David and Sarah to the GC names I have. They have no prayers – no miracles of healing. It is work, work, work.

This suits me – makes me a dull boy. Still – I've much work to do.

There are many emails for me to send. A recent piece on the obsolescence of industrial agriculture in North Korea is a boilerplate scenario for any type of industrial decline – the severe shortage of fuel ends our transportation-based economy. Once on the industrialized treadmill you can't go back and do it the old way. All those systems and skills are gone.

Another mixed day in terms of thoughts and situations recorded. Still trying to sort out the prayer method. 

This is the second time through; nearly done – shouldn’t there be more progress, closer to some stability? Progress yes, but the challenge of the material and this world will continue to grow. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.


No comments:

Post a Comment