Wednesday, December 30, 2015

x2 Step 364 - Knowledge carries me because I am a student of Knowledge. – Journal – Step 363



Today:  Step 364 - Knowledge carries me because I am a student of Knowledge. (MP3)  [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

Knowledge carries me because I am a student of Knowledge. Step 364

AS YOU CARRY KNOWLEDGE, you will feel Knowledge carrying you. You will feel Knowledge guiding you and directing you, preserving you, protecting you from harm, keeping you from difficult and harmful engagements, engaging you with individuals with whom you must be engaged and leading you away from divisive engagements which do not have purpose. Thus it is that you become a leader and a follower, for you follow Knowledge and you lead yourself. You yield to Knowledge, yet you exercise the power of decision upon your own behalf. Thus it is that you become a great follower and a great leader. Thus, you are in a position to serve, and you will increasingly feel as if Knowledge were carrying you through life. And you will feel that you are carrying Knowledge as well. Seen correctly, you will realize your true relationship to Knowledge. You will realize that you carry Knowledge within you and that Knowledge carries your well-being within itself. This is perfectly complementary. It is perfect because it is born of perfection itself.

BE A TRUE STUDENT OF KNOWLEDGE. Engage yourself in practice. Give yourself in practice. Do not alter your practice. Do not neglect your practice. All you need to do is practice and be attentive, practice and be attentive. Upon the hour and in your two deeper meditation practices, where you come into stillness to be with stillness itself, practice to practice, practice to learn and learn to learn. Today you are learning to learn. Today you are a student of Knowledge.

PRACTICE 364: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Picture: Saint Christopher holding the Christ child. This statue is atop the Sint Christoffel Kathedraal in Roermond, The Netherlands. I visited there in 2009, not knowing that in Dutch, Christopher is spelled Christoffel.


In this case, the collective Knowledge of the Christian community in Europe carried and continues to carry the message brought through by Jesus. It is from this foundation that many work. The other world religion foundational teaching carry us until we can come to seek Knowledge. 

From the journal:  

6:56 a.m. August 17, 2001 – Friday

Getting the local governments a little further down the road in time.

6:13 p.m. The Regional Community Problem Solving Model tipping point local solutions shift to regional integration

7:23 a.m.– early to bed, late to rise. Sarah and David's situation is taking it out of me.

– Boundaries are no good unless they are used.

– Cindy is willing to take Sarah's baby and raise it. I'd rather not do that. Sarah is in a place where I can't deal with her – nor can anyone.

11:50 p.m. Practice #2 – Step 363 – "Knowledge is my true desire because I am a student of Knowledge". As I’m close to completing Steps a 2nd time I don't have the enthusiasm of the first go – because I remain so much of a beginner still after two passes. Monday I may begin Section II again – without Steps, I won't have the discipline.
Running out of steam near the end? The first year I wrote in the journal, then commented about it on the 2014 blog.

11:12 p.m. Two days to complete S2K and it feels like I'm losing ground. The goal is strong Step 363 – "Knowledge is my true desire because I am a student of Knowledge."

The peak experience of Steps 357 and 358 is nearly a week old. As that wears off, “it feels like I’m losing ground.” That is not an uncommon experience. Soon the decision will have to be made to continue as a student of Knowledge or not. Is it possible to go back to one’s old thinking, or is it better to work ahead in these teachings? I decided to continue years ago. It will be your choice soon. Can you go back to the thinking you used to have? Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

1 comment:

  1. As a Steps student this blog has been helpful in 3 important ways. 1. The blog reinforced the use of a journal. 2.The blog helped as a source of positive feedback 3. The blog functioned as a companion of sorts. The blog was most helpful on days when I forgot my Step for the day. I could quickly look it up on my phone app during the day. The combination of a Step with a picture helped to drive home the lesson for the day. No friends, co-workers and family were doing Steps and at times the journey was solitary and uneventful and the blog helped to ease & prepare me along the way. Thank you Blessings to you Tom.

    ReplyDelete