Tuesday, April 14, 2015

x2 Step 104 – Journal Step 103 - I am honored by God.



Today: Step 104 - God knows more about me than I do. (MP3)

God knows more about me than I do. Step-104


GOD DOES KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU THAN YOU DO. That must be obvious if you have considered yourself honestly. And yet, consider the implications of this. If God knows more about you than you do, then would not God’s evaluation be something that you would want to learn to investigate? Of course it would. And would not your evaluations of yourself be necessarily in error? In this alone you have sinned, for sin is only error. Error calls for correction, not condemnation. You would condemn yourself and think that God would then follow your example and render to you a greater condemnation. That is why people have made God in their image, and that is why you must unlearn what you have made, so that you may find what you know and so that your creations in this world may be for good and have lasting value.

GOD KNOWS MORE ABOUT YOU THAN YOU DO. Do not pretend you can create yourself, for you have already been created and that which has been genuinely created is far greater and happier than the life that you have realized thus far. It is your unhappiness that is bringing you to truth, for it is driving you to a genuine resolution. This, of course, is true.

ON THE HOUR REPEAT THIS STATEMENT and consider it seriously. As you do so, observe the world around you in order to attempt to learn of the meaning of today’s idea in the world. In your longer practice sessions in stillness, allow your mind to become quiet so that it may learn to enjoy its greatness. Give it this opportunity for freedom, and it will give freedom to you in return.

PRACTICE 104: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Picture:  Moab, Utah shoppers.


Thursday, November 30, 2000

6:29 a.m. This is one way that biology plays out. To imagine slavery – as practice in the U.S./in the world…still today on earth, and elsewhere – races enslaved.

8:51 p.m. This has been a day to remember. I am preparing for the second practice. I took comp time today to attend the AICP Millennium Conference in D.C.@ the National Press Club. The trip in and out went smoothly. I spoke to many people. Regional Intelligence was an interesting and useful concept to most. The problem I have with such conferences and people meeting is the timely follow-up. I will work on that.

My Buddhist exposure work beginning last Saturday paid off in that by having worked on not being angry I was able to take the criticism leveled at me Thursday by Steve & Bev in stride. I'll record that later, if necessary, in here.

These facts are minor compared to the meditation experience I had on the Metro today. I got up at 5 a.m. intending to leave @ 6 a.m., but didn't get out the door until about 6:45 a.m. In spite of that, I got to the Vienna Metro with little congestion delay, easily got a parking space, walked to the station, got ticket, boarded with time to spare. As the Metro left, I decided to do my first practice. I easily stilled myself and was confident I wouldn't miss my stop @ McPherson Square.

The sense that struck me in the meditation was profound and stayed with me. I was able to write it down only later, once I got into the seminar and was responding to my watch vibration for an hourly practice.

"Step 104 is God knows more about me than I do." I'd read before I went to bed. The thought that stuck out in the text was "it is your unhappiness that is bringing you to truth, for it is driving you to a genuine resolution.” This, of course, is true.

Step 103 – "I am honored by God." The day before, in its text said: "You are honored by God whether you can accept this or not. It is true regardless of human evaluation, for only things that are beyond evaluation are true. We are taking you to that which is beyond evaluation, which will be the greatest discovery possible in this life or in any life."

– in response to this I wrote my sense "there is truth at the core of my being." 11/30/00

I was told by (?) Milwaukee, 1968 – that I was a seeker.

In sophomore philosophy, I tacklde the question “Is truth absolute or relative?” and concluded that, saying: "truth is relative" would have to be relative itself, if there were no absolute truth.

My "truth" seeking has continued. S2K deals with it. Once I began using my "Truth" vortex at Markham – to which I was curiously drawn, and as it became a touch point for me as I dealt with life stresses, particularly David's issues, I got many messages. One was "truth is revealed in its own time." That connected to patience – and Su-ne ultimately, where I could get a world revealed to me.

S2K is very direct about truth. ACIM focuses on illusion and explains it, but was only a partial message for me.

Another point in my life has been the UW – Madison cornerstone, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

 
These words reflect touchstones on my journey, my search for God, my search for truth.

The sense/the feeling I had in my meditation on the Metro, the realization – the agreement that it was my unhappiness that was leading me to truth, that in seeking God, seeking the truth, I found my true self – right next to God, with God and the truth. At 11:17 a.m. – I sensed that the feeling was also being @ home.

And so,…that being my source – I am out here in body working in this creation, and being with truth, with God/at home – I have no fear. I am/became instantly free of all other predators.

So…I am one with God with truth – with home – my relief and joy at this point was "too much."

I do not know to what other discovery S2K will offer up – I don't think once could be greater than this.

                                         Amen & Amen –

Step 104 – practice #2. "…allow your mind to become quiet so that it may learn to enjoy its greatness. Give it this opportunity for freedom and it will give freedom to you in return."

9:59 p.m. Practice #2 – contacts out first – in seeking God and finding God I find myself because I am from God – I in my spiritual family, the Unseen Ones, the guides – we are here in the creation to contribute. A greater discovery I cannot imagine.

What can I do but seek to be closer to Spirit in all that I choose – to be aware/open to use by Spirit – be it regional intelligence or kindness to others –

This was a long entry, for a good day. Working through low periods, as reflected by the day before, often leads to such breakthroughs in time. If you haven’t had this, you will. It took me many years to get comfortable. Let us continue.

NNC
 

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment