Wednesday, April 8, 2015

x2 Step 98 – Journal Step 97 - I do not know what fulfillment is.




Today: Step 98 - Review (MP3)

Greetings All –


"I do not know what fulfillment is." Step 97



Thursday, November 23, 2000

11:10 p.m. Step 97 – "I do not know what fulfillment is."

If I could be anything, I'd choose to be a musician – the fact that I've not got the talent nor that I've taken the time to learn – irritates me. Why do I have no time? Is it because Spiritual search is my hobby? I collect books – there are no people with which to speak – out here, I’m like Mom in Wisconsin. Stranger in a Strange land.

Friday – what do I do? – Number my journals? Put email addresses in the computer, propose a presentation @ WFS – rake leaves, go to the office?

These things might fulfill me – but I don’t know what fulfillment is.
  S2K says fulfillment is:
    1) a state of quietude
    2) a state of inner acceptance
    3) a state of total integration
    4) a timeless state expressing itself in time.

– Apply today’s idea to the plans that you are aware of concerning your own fulfillment.

[S2K is teaching a way of seeing the world so that you can learn of its (the world) true purpose.]

What is the true purpose of the world? The play out of creation. Some times the play is painful, abusive, ugly, treacherous, unstable, limiting, illusory, unconscious, unhealthy

What plans do I have for my fulfillment? I had planned to take the message of regional cooperation to the world in my retirement. Events speeded that up and now I’ve got to work to articulate what I’m learning. I’m – slow/lazy about this.

I’ve pages of material, but haven’t written. They hour a day with S2K could go to writing, but that wouldn’t get me 2 K.

The description of the elements of fulfillment on the prior page are what I experience in the woods.
12:15 a.m. Friday, November 24, 2000

I feel fulfillment in the woods. Perhaps I’m a tree spirit – in a human body

8:40 a.m. Friday – @ Regional Intelligence fulfillment day 2

My view in the first run, was quite different – it was more looking @ relationships

10:16 a.m. I can’t fulfill my mission @ the PDC. RI – my absolute focus as a method to develop awareness of greater community.

Step 97 – Practice #2 “You must understand what you have in order to learn to receive more.”

1:55 p.m. I have incredible wealth and freedom. Am I using it well? Not really, because I didn’t know where the earth is going. From my regional perspective, trying to understand the local/regional divide – and finding it arbitrary, I came to the local planet perspective. Greater Community perspective fills in the target, the trajectory and the need, our emergence into Greater Community. I’m a foot soldier/scout on this path, a simpleton perhaps to the powers that be – and the theoreticians.

I sense of meaning, direction, purpose…but I’m distracted by food, music, pleasures and agonies of current relationships. There are no Clubs of the Future, packs of individuals with my vision of “wholes.”

Statistically these people must be out there. My pleasure distractions burn time, yet it is from within these gaps that thoughts have emerged. I’m fed a constant stream of ideas.

Making sense of them – writing to publish…is where I need help. An editor would be nice, if I had something to edit.

We need so many gadgets because our lives are un-rich? Yet the economics and technology have made the world so small. The cultures are cramping in on one another.

I do not know what fulfillment is! In earth terms, U.S.A. 1946 – 2000, it is for a man – marriage, family, children, career leading to status and wealth, while being kind to neighbors, other children, animals, and contributing to charity/giving time and money, such as through charity. All taken together, that is as good as it gets.

Fulfillment to date for me has been finding my spiritual nature through experiences of family, education, Navy, marriage, career, parenting, divorce, re-marriage, career attack, and recovery, and greater community perspective. As I’m approaching 1/3 through on the 2nd time, I’m getting more focused. This growth is slow. It seems it should be going faster…but it’s not – so I’ll accept my slow learning.

Regions – every local government is part of several regions or can be. One is its government services region(s) the more standardized; the better it is for delivery and efficiency. Second is its labor market region – the labor draw area for local companies and/or the exported labor zone. Then there’s the retail/tourism market region – which can be the whole planet and the manufacturing product export region.

8:54 p.m. Back from our Friday night pizza at the mall date. Here in my study – I read and seek my fulfillment in the world. I am a nerd – and like what I do – and music – and spiritual study – seeking the ultimate systems. I might do a business if I can find a hook.

Front Royal – The Epicenter of nothing.

12:13 a.m. Saturday, November 25, 2000 –
Going to bed now, I feel that this Friday I’ve made some S2K headway – and RI movement because I can let myself have a simpler life and write – here and there – out into the world.

As of this day, I Know the progression of lessons, I know what lies ahead, I know the goal is to be at home in the world and experience K here and contribute.
It shall be done.

Another in-depth entry. It may be a bit too much to read, but I’m just sharing my journey. It may live on the Internet for decades and help someone who is struggling though Steps have a little reference. In this case, Step 97 started early on Thursday and went on past Midnight on Friday to finish Saturday a.m. Because I know something of the trajectory of the Steps, I can dig in and move around as makes sense. Let us continue.

NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment