Saturday, April 11, 2015

x2 Step 101 – Journal Step 100 - Today I am a beginning student of Knowledge.



Today: Step 101 - The world needs me, but I will wait. (MP3)

The world needs me, but I will wait. Step 101




WHY WAIT WHEN THE WORLD NEEDS YOU? Does this not seem inconsistent with the teaching that we are presenting? It is actually not inconsistent at all, if you understand its meaning. Since the world needs you, waiting would seem to be an injustice and an irresponsibility. Is this not inconsistent with what we are teaching? No, it is not inconsistent if you understand its meaning. If you have seriously considered what we have given you thus far in your preparation, you will realize that on its own, Knowledge within you will respond to the world, and you will feel moved to give in certain places and not moved to give in others. This great response within you will not be born of personal weakness, personal insecurity or the need for acceptance or recognition. It will not be a form of avoidance or guilt. In fact, it will have nothing to do with you at all. That is why it is very great, for it is not meant to remedy your littleness, but to demonstrate the power of Knowledge that exists in the world so that you may bear witness to it and be a vehicle for its expression.

WHY WAIT WHEN THE WORLD NEEDS YOU? Because you are not yet ready to give. Why wait when the world needs you? Because you do not understand its need yet. Why wait when the world needs you? Because you will give for the wrong reasons and will only fortify your dilemma. The time of giving will come, and your life will give of itself, and you will be prepared to accept this, to respond to it and to follow the guidance of Knowledge that is within you. If you are to be of true service to the world, you must be prepared, and that is what we are undertaking now.

LET NOT THE TRIBULATIONS OF THE WORLD give you great anxiety. Let not the threats of destruction arouse your fear. Let not the injustices of this world stimulate your anger, for if they do, you are looking without Knowledge. You are seeing your own failed idealism. This is not the way of seeing, and so it is not the way of giving. You were sent to give, and your giving is intrinsic to you. You do not need to control it, for it will give of itself when you are prepared. Therefore, your service to the world at this moment is your preparation to be a contributor, and though this will not give you instant gratification for your need to give, it will pave the way for a greater service to be rendered.

IN YOUR TWO PRACTICE PERIODS TODAY, actively think about today’s idea and consider it in light of your behavior, your inclinations, your ideas and your beliefs.

PRACTICE 101: Two 30-minute practice periods.

Picture:  Aquarium with Sailfin Tang and Yellow Tang.

Yes, the world is on fire, but The Teachers advise that we take three years to do the Steps practice twice and the Continuation Steps. If we don’t do so, we may try to put out a part of the fire that is not the best match for our destiny.

12:15 a.m. Monday, November 27, 2000 – I am on the path to fully restore my integrity. My judgments against the world and those in it caused me to lose my self-respect. I became angry – let it overtake me – rage –RUOW– and now find it did not and does not serve me.

Local is powerful. Region is power diluted. Make region local for power.

8:33 a.m. In the midst of S2K…thinking I was getting that, The Diamond Cutter exposes more quickly the causes of my situation. So I do two exercises to restore my soul to integrity and become generous and release/ eliminate my anger. The sources are many; the imprints are many – I feel their effect and seek to overwrite them with integrity and generosity.

11:35 p.m. Understanding imprints as my failing being my own caused by anger – I feel very bad – that this has diminished my productive goals. I have great remorse and am struggling with my feelings. Emotions have hurt me. To be a beginning student at age 54 is a harsh reality, but one I need to accept. [Note: in the picture above I’m 32 – waking up to the responsibility of being a father. Much lies ahead.]

12:34 p.m. This is the hardest work I've ever had to do…to take full responsibility for my anger and the impact is has had on my career.

Since I'm not certain of my work in the world, I don't know if this threatens RI or any of my other work. I wanted to move on, but there is not yet a place to go. My imprints have to be used to continue creating that space. In my pain I'm still grateful for this teaching.

7:50 p.m. I am a beginning student. I feel lost…

11:29 p.m. Completed second practice. I need to organize the room. My work life needs to come into focus.

Unburdening can be a painful process. The Steps tool is good; other tools exist. Here I’ve found one and will use it for a while. It is Buddhist based and I learn later, that The Buddha is an earlier Messenger. We don’t really need to be told that, since a truth seeker finds truth in Buddhism. Is it all the truth? Is it free of human interpretation? No, none of the religions are, yet it gets people to Knowledge, Holy Spirit, Truth. Is that all that is required in the world? No, because we are in new times, dealing with situations that were not a concern of the earlier insights.

You’ll do your healing/unburdening your way. This journal shows mine – warts and all; with notation of joy and success too. Let us continue. What else could be so important?

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment