Monday, April 20, 2015

x2 Step 110 – Journal Step 109 - I will not be in a hurry today.



Today: Step 110 - I will be honest with myself today. (MP3)

I will be honest with myself today. Step 110


TODAY I WILL BE PERFECTLY HONEST, recognizing what I actually know and what I only believe or hope for. I will not pretend I know things I do not know. I will not pretend I am richer than I am or poorer than I am. I will try to be exactly where I am today.

TRY TO BE EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE TODAY. Be simple. Be at ease. Observe the world around you. Carry out your worldly tasks. Do not exalt yourself. Do not demean yourself. This day allow everything to function as it actually does, without attempting to govern or manipulate yourself. The only exception to this is to utilize your self-discipline so that you may carry out your practices for this day.

IN YOUR TWO LONGER PRACTICE PERIODS, repeat the affirmation for today and enter into stillness. Here you must exert the power of your mind. Here you are not attempting anything that is deceptive or anything that is unreal. You are allowing your mind to enter into its natural state, into a state of peace.

PRACTICE 110: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Picture:  A herd of American bison/buffalo in Texas. Bison are dangerous to humans, so the fence protects the photographer, but limits the bison. We might face some fences and need to be honest about that.


December 6, 2000 – Wednesday 6:45 a.m.

David's birthday and Mom's birthday. An earlier thought – I'm a student with no teacher and the teacher with no students. (humorous?)

S2K – 109 – I will not be in a hurry today. Life is slowing and simplifying by necessity and by choice.

7:15 a.m. I've read the entries through today. I will not hurry today.

10:12 p.m. I will not be in a hurry today. That is the S2K lesson. Work remains strange. Having a direct boss is new again. So…let him get the gray hair. The competition with other staff – the way they present their point of view. My mundane work.

I have my vision, but no clear path for funding or implementation. Somehow I must piece it together, even as I advance the region, the localities not knowing how to go.

Just noticing a pattern – on weekday, workdays, my entries are shorter – more time on weekends. The need to understand my work purpose is a constant focus. That may or may not be your concern, though for early students that becomes a focus. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment