Wednesday, April 22, 2015

x2 Step 112 – Journal Step 111 - Today I will be at ease.



Step 112 – Review - Upon the hour remind yourself to remember Knowledge. (MP3)

 

TODAY FOR YOUR REVIEW we shall do something a little different. Upon the hour remind yourself to remember Knowledge. Repeat to yourself, “I will remember Knowledge. I will remember Knowledge,” keeping in mind throughout the day that you do not yet know what Knowledge is, yet being assured that it is with you. It is born of God. It is God’s Will within you. It is your True Self. Thus, you learn to follow that which is great. Within your limited state, you gain access to that which has no limits. Thus, you become a bridge to Knowledge today.

THEREFORE, REPEAT UPON THE HOUR that you will remember Knowledge. Do not forget your practice today so that you may strengthen and empower yourself.

PRACTICE 112: Hourly practice.
 



6:40 a.m. Friday, December 8, 2000 – Diplomacy – honoring the little country/countries so they won't create trouble. Mollify among the larger countries.

– Chris Matthews speaking @ a Marsh Institute function yesterday talked about the geographic split in the U.S. – The Northeast & West coast for Gore, South and Midwest for Bush. Open space versus higher population density areas.

The greater the population size, the more important government is in managing the environment. People must keep their neighborhoods personable – privacy is maintained with manners/personal space.

Rural/low density city/sprawled folks feel more self-sufficient and act like they don't need government.

10:25 p.m. Completed Practice #2 – "Today I will be at ease." I tried that today. At Rotary…trying to not expect too much. I don't expect a lot from the other Rotarians. Why have I felt so much was expected of me? And, that I've got to do more?

I'm drinking a scotch tonight – in honor of the 20th anniversary of M.E.'s departure. David is now 24. She left 6 December, 1980 – David, Sarah and I went to John and Barbara's house for David's [4th birthday] party.

That was just one bump in the bumpy road that was our relationship. For David & Sarah – life remains challenging. Someday – in another world, we might reminisce.

What really reminded me of the 20 years was the anniversary of the shooting and death of John Lennon. That upset me. I called George ... He was in bed – asleep. He was kind…a friend.

I'm halfway through a 100 year life and still searching.

The Step text says "Knowledge is your guide now." With ACIM – I thought Holy Spirit had become my guide.

ACIM was the only thing that kept me in the marriage .... Conflict went on and on through the decade. As problems came and stayed – my life became more stressful. I kept reading – RUOW – that approach to dealing with anger and will.<And rage!><God as the dysfunctional Creator>

After all that, I came to S2K – and now in my 2nd year of practice.

I am surrounded by challenges. I remain supportive of my kids – David and Sarah; I'm supported by my family – in feel and touch.

The Step says: "Knowledge is your guide now. If it is untroubled, you need not be troubled."

When I asked that today, there was trouble about "focus." So I did a card; I have a plan – where is the focus/energy to follow up?

11:45 p.m. The world is so unfinished – and that is as it should be.

Though it can't all be known, it seems that it should be more knowable. Having been in this body and experience change over time – there is sense of that movement, and even being overtaken by cumulative changes.

I am troubled not by what I think and say, but by the reaction – to what I say – because I see a different world and different relationships. I may be wrong…but I don't think so…




Why was it I decided to incarnate? Did I really want to come to earth and live in dysfunctional families? This self-reflection is supposed to get us to some better state of mind. Let use continue. 
NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment