Saturday, October 3, 2015

x2 Step 276 - Knowledge is my salvation. – Journal – Step 275



Today:  Step 276 - Knowledge is my salvation. (MP3)


Knowledge is my salvation. Step 276

KNOWLEDGE IS YOUR SALVATION, for it leads you out of your hopeless predicament which is born of attempting to live in fantasy and imagination. It leads you into the brightness and the clarity of reality. It guides your action and your thinking so that both may be effective and lead to true self-realization. Thus, God has given you the greatest possible gift: the means within yourself to correct all error, to resolve all confusion and conflict and to set your life on a true course that is aimed at your true destiny. Here you become empowered and honored and your self-worth is reclaimed. It is your value that must be reclaimed to you. God does not require that God’s value be reclaimed, for it has never been lost. But your value to yourself has been lost, and this can only be reclaimed by following a Greater Plan not of your own making, but which has been created for your total welfare.

WHEN YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH OF YOUR LIFE has been wasted in ambivalence and how few results that has produced, then you will recognize the great need for Knowledge. This will give you the strength and the conviction to proceed in your preparation with the greatest possible self-involvement. Once you recognize your true need, then you will be able to recognize the true remedy that has been provided.

THUS, YOU AS A STUDENT OF KNOWLEDGE WILL REALIZE with clarity of mind and simplicity of truth exactly what is necessary, for Knowledge is your salvation. Remember this upon the hour and think of it in light of your recent practices. In your deeper meditations, allow yourself to enter stillness completely, recognizing that you are engaging yourself with the means for your own salvation and through you the salvation of the world.
PRACTICE 276: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


From the journal:  

12:26 a.m. Monday, May 21, 2001. At the end of the week I'll be spending my first time with other students. Earlier this evening I was funked out – 8th – 9 p.m. Paying bills, sorting through paper. My stocks have moved up – so I took some time allocating a little more money – … – for momentum. Listened to Yeas & Nays – I did feel better that they moved.

I got a copy of “Total Fitness” – the book that got me fit in 1976 – still makes sense… I'll try it. I know it works – it's just whether or not I injure myself doing too much.

12:46 a.m. I woke up thinking about things regional – but nothing to record. The time frame for spirit is so different that the manifestation time is longer than it seems – that's why faith is required.

Meaning, purpose, direction – regional community. It is my compassion. The GCW reading on compassion is that we need it for ourselves.

9:13 a.m. – Dis-integration – I'm seeing it as we go from one-cell to many – The data does not work together as the computer files are disintegrated. Separation begins. The world can't deal with "wholes" so they must be compartmentalized. And separated. Once separated are we lost?

<a universe of nested holes – atom – cell – … – … omniverse>

God/the creation was once whole – we are spun out of it.

Today I experienced disintegration of what was once whole.

Once disintegrated – you need to be much larger to have the same efficiency as being integrated. The learning is simplified/specialized – each does their part.

The piece goes from being a flute melody to an orchestral performance – folk music to Symphony –

Sunday a.m. – my musical/regional thoughts –
Was I an instrument in the orchestra – or the conductor?

No – now I'm more the composer of a regional symphony – how do the pieces of the orchestra work together? The elements of the region – strings – sophisticated core – percussion, the hinterlands – brass – the upstarts – new growth areas –

> composer of the regional score – the Mass Choir, Symphony –

Not the leader of the band – little Tommy’s goal/outcome

11:48 p.m. A rough day? I did my 1st practice @1 AM. – For the past few days my teachers have made a deal – no wine or beer and I only need to do one session. Sunday I did it in the afternoon coming back from Manassas @ 6:30 p.m. I couldn't do a.m. – we went to Chapel. Tonight I worked until 9 p.m. getting the Data users #13 out. From 2:30 p.m. Until 6 p.m. it was dealing with Sarah being in jail – she didn't show up in court for speeding ticket. The police picked her up. She had called in the a.m. to have me talk to George and explain he had to pick up/help clean up the house, I did – he feigned hearing.

Tonight wine would have been fine – I had to go to the store. I didn't buy any – expecting to be able to do practice #2 by 11:30 p.m. – but it didn't happen – so I take the deal.

The Step 275 is "Today I seek freedom from a certainty". That I've surely done this day.


Was I a mess at this time? Reads like it - making deals: For the past few days my teachers have made a deal – no wine or beer and I only need to do one session. Changing behavior; changing one’s self-medication – can take a very long time. Stick with the promise of Steps. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment