Monday, October 5, 2015

x2 Step 278 - What is changeless will express itself through me. – Journal – Step 277



Today:  Step 278 - What is changeless will express itself through me. (MP3)

What is changeless will express itself through me. Step 278

TRUTH IS CHANGELESS, BUT IT EXPRESSES ITSELF within the world of changing circumstances and changing understanding. Thus, it appears that truth is changeable, yet the source of truth is not changeable. You who live in a world of change and are undergoing change yourself must realize that your Source is unchangeable. Realizing this you will have a foundation for trust in your Source. Trust can only be truly established when it is based upon that which cannot be changed, assaulted or destroyed. In this, your faith and trust will have a true foundation. You realize that what is changeless, which is the source of your trust and the recipient of your trust, will express itself in the changing world in changing ways. Thus, its expression will meet your every need. It will serve you in every circumstance. It will function on every level of understanding. It will actualize itself in every place of human endeavor. Thus, it will appear that the truth is changeable, for it operates in different ways in different environments, and it is recognized in different ways from different points of view. Yet truth itself, which is Knowledge itself, is ever changeless, ever loving and ever genuine.

THEREFORE, TODAY UNDERSTAND how relative and changeable your ideas are and how much you identify with that which is changeable, that which cannot stand upon its own. As your identity becomes founded in Knowledge and not merely on ideas, speculation or beliefs, you will begin to experience the permanence and security that only Knowledge can bestow. As you realize that your true life is
changeless, then you will feel free to allow it to express itself in changing circumstances. Here you will escape all fear of death and destruction. Here you will find peace in the world, for the world is changing, but you are not.

PRACTICE 278: Read the lesson three times today.


5:10 a.m. May 23, 2001 – Up with vitality. The issue is design of the regional community database. Virginia is the model – compiling 2000 census is the challenge – so I'm up with this problem and vitalized by it.

6:12 a.m. …  In thinking of my goal – people seeing the regional relationships and arrangements – and using a database to track and make that universe visible – I had an image of the Hubble telescope – how that made vast areas of space able to be seen by humans for the first time – that is what people could see about their geographic relationships. It can't be mapped until the database is built.

The Regions Work Initiative – takes baby steps to its goals.

Jacques Barzan – in a C-SPAN interview talked about his book Dawn to Decadence saying, decadence had happened before and, for example, Europe came out of its funk with the discovery of America.

6:48 a.m. Practice #1 – Step 277 – "My ideas are small, but Knowledge is great".

"… apply your mind actively. Attempt to look @ every idea that you hold dear, whether it be positive or negative. Look @ any idea that you believe in or adhere to. Examine your relationship to the primary ideas that govern your life. Then, remind yourself after you look at each one that Knowledge is far greater than that idea. Here you will realize that there is a means for you to escape the world of ideas and enter the world of relationship, where everything is viable, real and based upon a foundation that can never change".

– Ideas I hold dear. Are they relationships?

1. I am alive and embodied.
2. I have a physical family based on genetics and agreements – adoption and marriage.
3. I was born and reside in the United States.
4. As an evolving "liberal democracy" which protects the rights of minorities, the US is a good country in which to live.
5. I grew up in Wisconsin and had a good education.
6. I believe in lifelong learning as the process of education.
7. I've counted on others recognizing my value and rewarding me financially.
8. Planning is process, and it requires structure.
9. The missing link in "regionalism" is the defined region which can be named and aligned with other regional efforts.
10. It is my destiny to explore and make visible these relationships.
11. I don't know if David and Sarah, in the physical, are up to their physical challenges.
12. Front Royal is the research laboratory for my work.
13. I once thought Spirit would provide the resources I need, but S2K changed that focus. I'm on my own there – needing to apply myself.
14. I used to believe ideas were important, but now consider relationships more important.
15. I used to believe it was possible to not have enemies/people in 100% opposition to my ideas as to need to attack me.

9 p.m. Practice #2 – the idea I pursued all day was sorting Census data by PD/County/towns/CDP. I finished by 6:30 p.m. and sent out the spreadsheet.

It isn’t clear to me how the movement from idea to relationship takes place. I imagine that relationships are experience and may be described – put in idea form for those who’ve not had the experience.

But these can be/are ideas for which there is no relationship nor can there be.

I have an idea of the region and I experience it because others deal with the same geography.

Relationship means use.

Many ideas are dismissed as useless by people who can't envision what is described.
Other ideas I cherish.
16. If I take vitamins I will be healthier.
17. I don't cherish much – I'm more “go with the flow” and focus on the future.
18. My idea of good development is people in town – just as I grew up.
19. I believe that everyone here is a soul with equal potential for growth and good.
20. I believe S2K is a valid practice which benefits be.
21. I believe I am working with good people to do what needs to be done to make this a modern region.
22. Although I can envision a whole, I'm not smart enough to make things happen. I wait for things to emerge.
23. I believe David and Sarah, and their children, will grow, survive and prosper.
24. I cherish the idea that I've a home to go to –

In the two practices I came up with a list of 24 cherished ideas in 2001. The first time through the Step a year prior, there were only a few items. Today, more so than then, I can see that Knowledge is greater than any of those cherished ideas, most of which are wishes. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment