Sunday, October 18, 2015

x2 Step 291 - I am grateful to my brothers and my sisters who err against me. – Journal – Step 290



Today:  Step 291 - I am grateful to my brothers and my sisters who err against me. (MP3)

I am grateful to my brothers and my sisters who err against me. Step 291

BE GRATEFUL TO THOSE WHO DEMONSTRATE THE NEED for Knowledge. Be grateful to those who teach you that it is hopeless to engage in any pursuit in the world without Knowledge. Be grateful to those who save you time by demonstrating the results of things you are contemplating for yourself even now. Be grateful to those who show you your own great need in the world. Be grateful to those who demonstrate what you must give to the world. Be grateful to all those who seem to err against you, for they will show you what is necessary in your life, and they will remind you that Knowledge is your one true purpose, your one true goal and your one true expression.

IN THIS, ALL WHO ERR AGAINST YOU become your friends, for even in their misery they serve you and will call upon you to serve them. Here all folly, error, confusion, ambivalence, conflict and war in the world can lead you to the conviction of Knowledge. In this way, the world serves you, supports you and prepares you to serve it in its great need. Here you become a recipient of the world’s accomplishments and are given a reminder of the world’s errors. In this way, your love and compassion for the world will be engendered.

TODAY REMIND YOURSELF UPON THE HOUR of this message and attempt to realize its meaning in the context of all of your activities so that everything that happens today will demonstrate the meaning of today’s idea. In your deeper practice periods, actively engage your mind in attempting to penetrate today’s idea. Recall every person who you think has erred against you. See how that person has served you and will continue to serve you as a reminder. This can save you great amounts of time and energy by bringing you closer to Knowledge, by increasing your resolve for Knowledge and by reminding you that there is no alternative to Knowledge. In your longer practice periods think of every person who you feel has erred against you and realize their tremendous service to you from this point of view.

ALLOW THIS DAY TO BE A DAY OF FORGIVENESS and a day of acceptance where you recognize and extend your gratitude to those who have erred against you. Life is conspiring to bring you to Knowledge. As you enter Knowledge, you will realize the great service that life is rendering unto you, both from its accomplishments and from its failures. Be a recipient of this gift, for in love and gratitude you will turn to the world and wish to contribute that which is the greatest of all contributions. Here you will give Knowledge in gratitude and in service to the world which has served you.

PRACTICE 291: Two 30-minute practice periods.
Hourly practice.


7:25 a.m. June 5, 2001 – Where am I? David has another crisis. Cindy has a crisis in response to this (I'm not available – which is true, because I focused on David).

S2K moves ahead in my life. I've been opportunity to put my view of regions into the world through Jim O…. (see 3:01 p.m. 6/17/01)

7:40 a.m. Step 290 – "I can only be a student. Therefore I will be a student of Knowledge". – actively engage your mind in attempting to penetrate today's idea and to recognize its absolute relevancy to your life.

– Prior to this, I'd been a metaphysical/spiritual student in search of truth in the Lutheran Church, philosophy, the Catholic Church, the Methodist Church, born again Christianity, Urantia, ACIM, *GOSP, RUOW – and other books and S2K. Both ACIM and S2K focus on the Holy Spirit – that guide which God sent after Jesus.

*[GOSP -“Growth of Spiritual Power” as revealed to Maud Remington by the spiritual teachers Jennie and Master Juana- Vantage Press, 1957]

– The world is confusing and many incarnate here are confused. Some seem to act as if they Know – and that has been confusing to me –> since I've not experienced such certainty in the world.

[need coordination of governance on a regional scale – that is sub-state] Local has been effective for hundreds of years – rescaling upward is difficult given the intent with which localities were formed.

Getting ready for work. I am tired of the world because it is so confusing, so hard to learn – and consequently there's so much pain.

Ignorance is bliss, intelligences a burden – not that I'm that intelligent – only enough to be burdened.

It is from my position a limited intelligence that I choose, with heart, soul and mind – to become this Student of Knowledge. All other paths have been limited.

I also seek to experience a greater emergence of my calling – confirmation of my work.

10:25 p.m. Practice #2 – What have I learned today? Jim D… – Winchester City – is a parallel thinker. We spent 2 1/2 hours sharing history and worldview. The Quad – State area should be Winchester’s target region.

I wired money to David today so he could clear up his traffic tickets. It was $1600. He's going to repay@$200 a month.

What does it mean to be a student in the world?
being a student in the world is an expression of your (my) purpose – and from your (my) purpose (being a student) a specific calling will come forth to guide you in specific ways in the world according to your nature and your design".

– To be a student in the world means I don't know all I need to know and that I require teaching. While some things came easy in book learning, I believed for a long time I could teach myself – find my own answers. This led to many errors, not all of which I could understand it time. At the same time I sought spiritual truth… but found no teachers. Consequently my decisions taught me I didn't know very much. And too, those I sought to teach did not have my orientation. Throughout my K was emerging and I did get to GC.

Unburdened thing is underway. I don't know how long it will last. My regional community purpose has emerged – and still comes. That may be my call – but then again Not.

When I'm involved and working it does feel like home – but that will need to be more focused for regional communities. My work has to have enough value to sustain me economically.

So – I go from here to my next assignment – The Center for Regional Communities –

Children – adult size, make life interesting. It is rare that “loans” are ever repaid. It takes a while to learn that. The reflections of this day demonstrate a little progress. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment