Wednesday, October 7, 2015

x2 Step 280 - Review – You are now a Student of Knowledge. – Journal – Step 279



Today:  Step 280 - Review - You are now a Student of Knowledge. (MP3)



 
REVIEW THE PAST TWO WEEKS, beginning with the first lesson in your Review period and continuing on each day up until the last lesson. Try to gain an overview of all that has transpired in the past two weeks. Try to see how you could deepen and improve your practice. Recognize how much time and energy are wasted in ambivalence and idle speculation. Realize how much of your energy is being wasted in doubt and confusion when you need only abide with Knowledge. Your ability to follow that which is beyond your comprehension, which is necessary here, will lead you to the greatest possible certainty that life can render to you. Through this certainty, your ideas, your actions and your perceptions will gain a uniformity that will allow them to be a powerful expression in the world, where humanity is confused and lost in the ambivalence of imagination. It is by following that you are able to give and you are able to lead. You will recognize this in time as you exercise your freedom and allow your freedom to exercise itself through you.

YOU ARE NOW A STUDENT OF KNOWLEDGE. Dedicate yourself to the application of your preparation with increasing devotion and involvement. Allow the mistakes of your past to motivate you. They need not be and should not be a source of self-recrimination. They are intended now to be understood as the demonstration of your need for Knowledge. Thus, you may be very thankful that Knowledge is being given to you, for you are realizing that above all else it is Knowledge which you seek.

PRACTICE 280: One long practice period.


7:32 a.m. Friday, May 25, 2001 – Philadelphia enroute to Denver/Boulder/S2K Retreat. up @ 3:30 a.m. On the road 4 a.m. to National 5:05 a.m. depart 6:30 a.m.

On the drive in – the regional database coding strategy – Region – 2 digit; sub region sort 2 or 3 digit – decimal or not? – sub region could have – 999 localities –

8:52 a.m. – In the air. Practice #1 later To read – I've only brought the HTML text.

Step 279 – "I must experience my freedom to realize it".

What are my goals for this trip? I want to meet other students, ask questions, determine the validity of the core group. S2K – as practice is working for me. I've begun to cut free of the PDC – now NSV| RC. [Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission]

I would not have done the name change. John R… and Pete D… opposed it. The Commission is back to believing that intergovernmental reviews are important. I’m moving ahead with my alliances … – all my Valley friends.

The S2K perspective on truth and change is confirming and expanding. The source of the manifest universe is still – always was/always will be.

All the creation is in-motion – tending/trending toward higher complexity in assembly –

All

9:36 a.m. Practice 1 complete. It is practice of stillness silence or stillness and silence. This has benefited me. Comparing Practice 277 "My ideas are small, but Knowledge is great" – this time to last – there is more depth on my part now. This has occurred several times when an exercise was demanding.

I have concerns about the Society and pieces of the message. They aren't finding a wide audience it seems. On the one hand the Allies message is urgent, the Steps say practice for 3 years.

Manifestation – from my "inside the beast" view – has been the context for a long, long time. Life trends toward life.

Humanity – where my soul is currently station – is interesting.

1:14 p.m. M.D.T. Again heading for Boulder – my briefcase is gone – stolen I think – scammed – but no one here was helpful. So – on to Boulder.

I was not alert – and was scammed. A hard lesson… a smack…

Can I be free in this situation? – [5/28/01 5:04 p.m. – en route back. I was – not scammed. The bag was put on the wrong bus. After a bout with fear – I became free.]

5:40 p.m. Practice #2 complete. What am I learning as a consequence of this loss?

– I need to remain alert, but not fearful.
– I need to back up my info against loss – Calendar/phone numbers.
– I'm not consumed by the need for food when my mind is involved.
Yesterday working through lunch and today, concerned by the lost briefcase.
– All true – 5/28/01 –

280 – Long Review. I want to begin this now, since there may not be time – or a book – tomorrow –.

Well, I made it to Boulder and while I am benefiting from the Steps, I’m not yet certain about The Society and the full program. 

The first volume of Allies of Humanity had been released. There was that urgency, yet – Steps would take at least three years. That remains true today. Thus I say, we must have: “urgent patience” as we live in the “Divine disorder” of manifestation in The Separation.

Let us continue.
NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment