Thursday, February 4, 2016

CT Step 35 – REVIEW – Journal – CT Step 34


Today:  CT Step 35 - REVIEW (MP3)

  
In our Review today, return to review your Four Pillars of Life—-the Pillar of Relationships, the Pillar of Career & Providership, the Pillar of Health and the Pillar of your Spiritual Advancement. Utilize the same practice that you have been using through all of these Reviews. Go to each Pillar and ask, "Is there something I need to know regarding this Pillar?" And if something comes to mind, ask again, "Is there something I need to know about this?" If something is there calling for you, go face it. Indeed, those things that need your attention are calling for you, and they will create a discomfort for you if they go unattended. You will feel out of integrity with yourself if they are neglected.

Therefore, utilize this Review to stay current with Knowledge within yourself. Carry forth the foundation building that is your spiritual purpose at this time. With this foundation, you will become a foundation for others, and it is this foundation that is needed in the world at this time. Carry forth your hourly practices and review the last six Steps to see how they are affecting your life and how you may understand their messages ever more deeply.

Practice 35:   Four Pillars Review.
                        Hourly practice.



8:25 a.m. Friday, September 28, 2001 – "My life is a mystery to explore".

I am squeezed…like my generation, between the needs of aging parents and the young children. Parental needs have help with Diane & Penny, but for David and Sarah, resources are center.

Career-wise – in the NSV – the planning/regional community game – the regional water supply issue has heated up and will require a regional community solution. SU – Marsh – can be a place – resource for this. This is my spiritual work…and I'm thankful for RHG, my spiritual family, the Unseen Ones, and Greater Community Spirituality.

10:56 a.m. Inside out regionalism – RIMBY [Region Is My Back Yard]– regional community – my mystery – mystique –

11:03 a.m. Contemplation "My life is a mystery to explore". Step 34 – I just read the vision chapter of "Black Elk Speaks". I recall after reading that my own vision of how spiritual communication in each culture is in symbols of that culture, yet a universal context. “The Mystery of faith” acknowledged in the Nicene Creed and the Catholic service has always struck me as appropriate. In “Black Elk Speaks” there is a view of spiritual family, the unseen ones and the flow of history in symbolic terms that speak for the mystery and its relationships. To be on the red road – the good road.

My life seems too full. I've survived the unburdening and have more freedom to put my skills to work. How long does it take to do one's part? Black Elk was born in 1863 – at age 9, he had his vision – about 1872 – yet it wasn't until 1930, age 67, when John Neihardt began to hear and transcribe the vision, publishing it in 1932 – with the full incubation taking nearly 40 years for the Pocket Book edition in 1972 – with a U.Nebraska edition in 1961. In the story he felt he'd not done what he should have with the vision.

My mystery unfolds today. Dad – who I sense with Lakota heritage in Spirit – is part of that.

I contemplate, am patient and move forward. Amen & Amen.

10:17 p.m. The mystery of my life. Listening to Canadian Brass/Berlin Symphonic Brass a $3 disc @ Ear Food. Idea to go there on the way home from Winchester. Several CDs were cheap and looked interesting – but the brass appealed because my soul needs "bright" sound.

Still here the challenge of Sarah's needs, the poor lives of the disabled in the world – people like Sarah – and those with worse conditions – visible. Of course – GC Wisdom notes we all have disabilities – are disabled by illusion in our lives.

I am growing more to appreciate the mystery in spite of the stress of my life.

So – I'll enjoy – in my cluttered study my music, my bourbon and my book.

This is taking me to more serious thought. No doubt, you’ve been there as a student as well. “Black Elk Speaks” is worth reading if you have the time. We continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest, but this is the first time you’ve seen Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. Begin at the beginning.

If you do know about Steps, but have not done Steps twice completely, read the related materials, and have a sense of the direction of this study, you won’t get the experience. The Introduction begins:

“This is the Steps to Knowledge Continuation Training. It is designed to build upon the Steps that were learned in Steps to Knowledge to enable you to experience the grace, the power and the direction of Knowledge in your life and to become an expression of Knowledge in everything that you do. If you have completed the book, Steps to Knowledge, twice through and have followed the instructions as they were given without altering the curriculum in any way, then you are now ready to begin this more advanced study”.

If you are an independent student, that is certainly an option. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment