Tuesday, June 2, 2015

x2 Step 153 - My Source wishes to express itself through me. Journal – Step 152



Today: Step 153 - My Source wishes to express itself through me. (MP3)

“My Source wishes to express itself through me.” Step 153

YOU WERE CREATED TO BE AN EXPRESSION OF YOUR SOURCE. You were created to be an extension of your Source. You were created to be a part of your Source. Your life is communication, for communication is life. Communication is the extension of Knowledge. It is not merely the sharing of little ideas from one separated mind to another. Communication is far greater, for communication creates life and extends life, and within this is all joy and fulfillment. Within this is the depth of all meaning. Here darkness and light mix together and cease their separation. Here all opposites blend and melt into each other. This is the unity of all life.

ALLOW YOURSELF, THEN, TO EXPERIENCE YOURSELF as a vehicle of communication, and know what you truly wish to communicate will be fully expressed as well, for the self that you genuinely are is an extension of the Self that is life itself. In this, you will be completely affirmed and life will be affirmed around you. Your gifts will be received and integrated by life, for giving of this nature can only yield a greater result, beyond the comprehension of humanity.

REMIND YOURSELF UPON THE HOUR that you were meant to express the will of your Source. Within your two practice periods today, allow yourself to enter stillness and peace once again. Allow yourself to be an open vehicle through which life may flow freely, through which life may express itself today.

PRACTICE 153: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Note: “Your life is communication, for communication is life. Communication is the extension of Knowledge.”


From the journal

January 18, 2001 – Thursday

11:11 p.m. Practice #2 – late tonight – with the beginning of a cold. … Not a bad day – work gets less productive as Steve's :-) management method unfolds. I'll have Friday afternoon off. I'll be able to "buy" years with VRS – that could be a fallback if ICMA doesn't grow. I have many options in my life – more than a year ago. ---

The Step today is to consider how "Humanity is governed by waves of fear." This is evident in the stock market. People fear being left out and bid price is too high, then they fear and drive prices too low. My IRA would be better off if I bought Signet @ $11 and didn't try to reinvest – the value of my portfolio is down, but I own more shares – the force/fear is down, a correction for the fear up.

At the executive committee meeting today I could watch the Commissioners – study them in a way I hadn't before. I remain friendly as do they…

– local government folks only see the world from their viewpoint. It is a culture. It has a heaven and hell. Back in the trenches – and people are so happy when they call for information and we have it. Helping people is what counts.

The text advises two states: (1) stillness or (2) thinking constructively. This makes dull boys if thinking constructively is "work". I've done that for years, but it made me boring and isolated, even if I was having a good time.

The notion of being a "source of Knowledge within the world so that your Source may express itself through you"

What is my source? – My true soul, the Creator?

My Dad has been incredibly stable throughout the years. Quiet – yet smart. Struggling – yet somehow we made it and they have comfort, though the Mom – Dad –dynamics are too scary. I don't have the commitment…Dad has…. So… What is my Source? How do I experience it?

NNC


Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment