Tuesday, June 23, 2015

x2 Step 174 - My life is necessary – Journal – Step 173



Today: Step 174 - My life is necessary.

"My life is necessary."Step 174

YOUR LIFE IS NECESSARY. It is not a biological accident. It is not a mere chance circumstance that you arrived in this world. Your life is necessary. If you could but recall what you went through to come into this world and the preparation that was required—both within this world and beyond—for you to emerge here, then you would realize the importance of your being here and the importance of the Knowledge that you carry within you. Your life is necessary. There is no form of conceit here. It is simply a recognition of truth. In your evaluation of yourself, your life is either pathetic or grandiose. Yet, the necessity of your life has nothing to do with your evaluations, though your evaluations can bring you closer to or take you farther from this one true recognition.

YOUR LIFE IS NECESSARY. Understand this and it will banish your sense of self-judgment and condemnation. Understand this and it will bring humility into your self-grandiose ideas. Understand this and your plans may then in time be adjusted to Knowledge itself, for your life is necessary.

REPEAT THIS STATEMENT UPON THE HOUR and consider it regardless of your emotions, your circumstances and whatever thoughts are prevailing in your mind, for Knowledge is greater than thoughts and is meant to govern thoughts. In your two meditation practices, allow the word RAHN to take you deep into practice. Feel the necessity of your own life—its value and its importance. This is something that you can experience directly. It does not require your evaluation. It does not require that you consider yourself to be greater than others. It is merely a profound experience of reality, for your life is necessary. It is necessary for you. It is necessary for your world. It is necessary for life itself.

PRACTICE 174: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

What demonstrates necessity in life? Getting on a plane to go somewhere is offered in this picture. It does take planning, reservations, money, purpose and commitment. Travel is sometimes fun, but very often work – necessary work, for which pay may be inadequate or non-existent.



6:40 a.m. Thursday, February 8, 2001 –

Diagnosis: Indolent – I thought mightily for years – all my life – and all I have is these journals. S2K – S to oblivion.

I encourage others to do and in they are doing I'm required to stay active rather than sink into thought. The experience of my life is not shared meaningfully with others… So it gets to be an empty feeling.

My imaginary friends/teachers – the audience for these thoughts are all I have.

8:05 a.m. Top 100 Albums – VH1 – Today's funk. Practice – Today I will do what is necessary. That is what drags me a long into the future. Putting a commitment out there that forces me through the day so I can't part Earth & body.

– We are always adolescent leaving home. It is the search for stimulation – aha – that's the manifestation deal – "experience" – but then we've got to make it home, make a nest there –

– But there's really nowhere to go, no reason to leave home – The Prodigal –

– The most frustrating part is that I've no one to share this with. Spiritual family/teachers are comfort – we have the time – but where are my earthly peers?

On line – Journal of a Mad Me?

Retire@55 – exposed my wife of whine? Who would care?

The VH1 100 best Rock Albums – it's that music that got me through the 1960s – 70s →then work took over – then 80’s – Family – 90’s – Now what 2000’s?

[Here, one dot is me in 1946, the year of my birth, and there would be 1,999,999,999 more. In 2001, a dot again – then 5,999,999,999 more with a nominal graph between these years. Your birth year may be before or after 1946 – so interpolation is required. I always wondered where all those new souls were coming from? What is our dot one of relative to world population today?]

Am I falling off the earth? What can I contribute?

12:40 a.m. Friday, February 9, 2001 – Practice #2 "Today I will do what is necessary." I did the necessary from the completion of Practice #1 until 11 p.m. Then ate cheese & crackers…watched TV to wind down. Is it too late for the necessity of Practice #2 – No – I did the practice

This then must be the: “Journal of a Mad Me,” about which I wondered 14 years ago. Perhaps there will be a benefit to some. Let us continue.

NNC


Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment