Wednesday, June 24, 2015

x2 Step 175 – Review~ once again realize the value of giving yourself to practice. – Journal – Step 174



Today: Step 175 – Review~ once again realize the value of giving yourself to practice. (MP3)  


 
IN YOUR REVIEW OF THE PRACTICES OF THIS WEEK, once again realize the value of giving yourself to practice. Giving yourself to practice, then, is the first step in comprehending the true meaning of giving and the true meaning of purpose in the world.

IN YOUR ONE LONGER PRACTICE PERIOD, review the week that has just passed. Review your engagement with each day’s practice and consider the meaning of each day’s idea. Give this your total attention during your long practice period today, and realize as you witness your own development that you are preparing yourself to give to others.

PRACTICE 175: One long practice period.


Friday, February 9, 2001

5:45 a.m. – Awake early – didn't take pills for my back – sleep not good.

I woke up thinking of Art B..'s response to my email about community – saying instant community formed. Disaster preparedness is S2K "Alertness"? The victims of a disaster might come together quickly – have community – but they don't have a response capability – that has to come from the reserves. Those trained.

I want to continue the discussion with Art – when I get back on line. I felt that disaster preparedness folks are like white blood cells in the immune system that handle harmful incidents.

Thinking also of Step 173 – whose focus is on "What is necessary" – I've been driven by that all my life. In growing up – work is what you do. Some of it you get paid for, some not. It is necessary – work is.

A learning organization is an "experience" organization, where operation is not just "ideas" but experienced by the members. To "Know" in the biblical sense is "experience." I have "experience" with regions and I want that to be known by others.

3:36 p.m. Off early Friday. I may I may never have to work a full Friday again. Being unburdened of Exec. Dir. was a shock…fortunately S2K – my guides/teachers had put the safety net in place.

The Step today – "My life is necessary" feels right. It must be true of everyone. Those whose destiny is S2K are a subset. I guess I'm to conclude it was meant for me; I was meant for it.

Taking the practice and applying it to the world. This is the blessing in the New Message if properly used. Its application will save lives and make living better; more practical. Many will have a problem with the practical part. It sounds puritanical. Let us continue.

NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment