Sunday, June 14, 2015

x2 Step 165 - My duties are small. My mission is great. – Journal – Step 164



Today: Step 165 - My duties are small. My mission is great. (MP3)
“My duties are small. My mission is great.” Step 165
 
YOUR DUTIES IN THE WORLD ARE SMALL. They are meant to secure provisions which you need physically and to maintain those alliances with others that are beneficial for your well-being and for their well-being as well. These duties are important, but your mission is greater. Do not undermine your ability to receive your mission by being in failure concerning your duties. This is only a form of self- avoidance. Carry out your duties specifically this day regarding your employment and your engagement with others. Do not confuse this with your mission, which is something far greater that you are only now beginning to receive and to experience. Thus, your duties will provide a foundation for you as you undertake the preparation for the reclamation and the contribution of Knowledge.

REMEMBER THAT ALL CONFUSION is the confusion of different levels. Do not confuse mission with duty. This is a very important distinction for you to make. Your tasks in the world are specific, but your mission is far greater. As your mission begins to express itself within you who are learning to receive it, it will create a more specific influence upon your duties as well. This is gradual and entirely natural for you. This merely requires that you be self-disciplined, consistent and trusting enough to follow its steps.

THEREFORE, CARRY OUT YOUR DUTIES TODAY so that you may be a beginning student of Knowledge. Remind yourself of your practice upon the hour, and in your two longer practice periods, actively engage your mind in considering the idea for today. Its true meaning is not superficial, and you must investigate it to understand its full value. Do not be complacent with premature conclusions. Do not stand on the outside of Knowledge and attempt to judge it for yourself. Enter into it so that you may be a student today, for you are now a student of Knowledge. You are now giving yourself to the world in your preparation.

PRACTICE 165: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


3:47 p.m. EDT January 30, 2001 –

DFW airport taxiing down the runway – Region to region travel – hub to hub. Regions are anchored by airports. There is the airports – regional map.

5:05 p.m. Practice #2 done – "Today I will honor what I Know." What I now Know/experience is that, since I've begun S2K – and applied my practice, my life flow has gotten more effective. I am coming to better organization, I am letting go – sometimes painfully – and my life feels better. I'm more at home in the world.

This trip has been $ costly – probably $1000 – all together – but the value to David, Sarah, Jamie, Lane, Emily, Mary Ellen, and me cannot be measured. I am "alert" and see what I need to see. Going over to Sarah's after dropping off Jamie @ work I noticed a tire company. Sarah's tire was flat again. …

I took Sarah over to the garage. Tire had a big nail in it. My cost $18 50 – and – fortunately – I had cash. At 11:47 a.m. I was off to the airport. They’d return Sarah home and put the tire on.

I've been a good flow zone before – I’ve felt grace and "home" – but S2K is letting me live my life. I'm using its insights to explain life to Sarah, David, Jamie.

I'm getting greater value out of my life. Yesterday in the Practice I felt/saw myself as a bridge that led Knowledge flow into the world. Know/Flow

I maybe cannot help David, Jamie, Emily, Lane, Sarah change – but if I can help them hear their own guides, teachers, angels – they can help themselves.

I am open to being a bridge. What else could be more important?

– Regions? I'm in Texas – to orient people – I say I'm from Virginia – they resonate with that. I only need to go to Shenandoah Valley if they asked where in Virginia.

From the ground/the air – Dallas – FW/sprawl – learn to live with it. Sprawl has created regions – sprawl is supported by regions –

– Is there "regional design?" "regional form?"

capture "regions, regions, regional everywhere I can.

Within historical – geographic regions – there is likely to be a need for regional healings – for ethnic cleansing's of various degrees – serious bloodletting to recent hurts, slights, power plays. The central wealth needs to invest in the hinterlands.

11:20 p.m. Back at my Virginia home. Different than Texas. Different than home. How shall the world play out? The more cooperation and coordination the better.

Lets go for more cooperation and coordination. Simple – note easy.
NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment