Saturday, June 13, 2015

x2 Step 164 - Today I will honor what I know. – Journal – Step 163



Today: Step 164 - Today I will honor what I know. (MP3)

“Today I will honor what I know.” Step 164

HONOR WHAT YOU KNOW TODAY. Hold to what you know. Allow your Knowledge to guide you specifically. Do not try to use Knowledge to fulfill yourself, for in this you will only use what you think of as Knowledge and once again you will weave an illusion for yourself that will entrap you and drain you of life, enthusiasm and certainty. Let Knowledge move you today. Carry on your normal activities. Follow all the procedures of life that are your duty, but let Knowledge abide with you so that it may bestow its mysterious gift everywhere you go and give you concrete direction when that is actually needed.

REPEAT THIS STATEMENT UPON THE HOUR and consider it in light of your immediate circumstances. In your deeper practice periods today, once again give yourself to stillness and to peace. Honor Knowledge today by giving yourself to Knowledge and by abiding with Knowledge.

PRACTICE 164: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

In the picture, could the beautiful tree be symbolic of what one knows and needs to honor?


6:11 a.m. January 29, 2001 – Monday - At night –

RC – C Regional Community
C = Counsel, Commission, Consortium, Collaboration, Confab, Compact

Regional Community

10:27 PM. Practice 2 – "I will feel Knowledge today." #1 was done @ Sarah's. I sat outside – I felt a cat rub my legs; crawl up and rub my face with its face.

I felt the wind, the sun, touch – I saw/felt – being a bridge for children of the world.

Reading about this stillness, where I was joined by a cat, was memorable. Without the journal, this would have been completely forgotten. Not the best reason to keep the journal, but a reminder of some pleasures. Journal when and where you can; capture moments that are unique at the time. They may have more importance in the long run.

NNC
 
Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment