Thursday, June 18, 2015

x2 Step 169 - The world is within me. This I know. – Journal – Step 168



Today: Step 169 - The world is within me. This I know. (MP3)


“The world is within me. This I know.” Step 169

THE WORLD IS WITHIN YOU. You can feel it. Through Knowledge you can feel the presence of all relationships. This is the experience of God. This is why your meaningful relationships with other individuals hold such great promise, for in genuine union with another you can begin to experience union with all life. This is why you genuinely seek relationships. This is your true motivation in relationships — to experience union and to express your purpose. People think that their relationships are to fulfill their fantasies and to fortify themselves against their own anxiety. This must be unlearned so that the true purpose of relationships may be revealed and comprehended. Thus, unlearning comes first in the process of learning. In this, you learn how to learn. In this, you learn how to receive.

PRACTICE UPON THE HOUR THIS DAY, remembering your idea. Today in your deeper meditations, once again use the word RAHN to take you deeper into the depth of Knowledge. Repeat the idea at the beginning of your practice and then, upon each exhale, repeat the word RAHN quietly to yourself. Allow this to center your mind. Allow this to connect you with the depth of Knowledge. Here you go deeper than you have gone before. In this, you will find all that you seek, and there will be no confusion about the world.

PRACTICE 169: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

A chair waits in this small sun-room. As a student, you go there for the stillness practice: “The world is within me. This I know.” You will come to know this truth when you see the place where you will be sitting for practice and feeling "the presence of all relationships."



From the journal Step 168 - Review

8:35 a.m. February 3, 2001
In two weeks I will visit Alan Voorheis. At that time I must have a draft of my proposal for SU. My life is only beginning – 27 years of prologue @ LFPDC –

My problem list
– stock market strategy
– RI/SU proposal
– Fit office to 7.5 hours per day
– strength training/maintenance
– computer skill acquisition
– RI focus
– Distance
– email
– Integration of everything
– dynamic orderliness
– Shame/regret/loss of place –
– Relationships
– Production of writing.
– Leave PDC NLT 12/31/02.
– FR in Water Supply?

9:20 a.m. Where am I? Stillness – committed to Knowledge in my life, in the world. Simplicity and organization. Community and Regional Intelligence.

I've results and a glimpse of the future of humanity. I seek to contribute. My life will continue to change. There will be more change in the world. Be still and Know that I am God.

9:54 a.m. My long practice first. It is my Sabbath – Saturday. A day of rest and contemplation. My commitment to Steps is increasing as I learn/feel its impact in my life.

> In order to for a region to work it must be perceived as whole. Local works because it is a whole.
Ceremony of Stillness

Weekly review – the Sabbath –

– Review – Step 167

"In Knowledge you are free. There is no restraint now, for Knowledge will merely give you where you are intended to be given an express itself through you where it is intended to be expressed."

"Here am I, send me." I have chosen to be sent, yet I am a prodigal – as are my peers.

Knowledge has always been with me in this life. I am not the world. I do not carry its burdens. I see its challenges more clearly now and am willing to receive so that I might be given – whether or not I am received in the same spirit. My life is that of a son to be given – a quiet joy.


12:36 p.m. The world is where we live – if only we can see it. The moon – a model to us of the whole we live on.

12:52 p.m. I am so, so full of ideas and thoughts – how can I get them out? They are interesting to me – so much so that when I return to read them, I hardly believe I am the author. I just provided the conduit, the muscles, the pen.

Clearing the mind in the middle of life is not pretty. I use language from the scriptures – “Be still and Know that I am God,” Psalm 46:10, which had already been with me a long time. I also say “My life is that of a son to be given,” using the Christian view of being a son of God.

The Teachers will say in a message in the future: “… the Messengers come from the Angelic Assembly. They are not the sons and daughters of God, for God does not have sons and daughters. That is merely a worldly understanding. It does not apply to Creation.” As students, some will have to recognize “worldly understanding” in the language of our religious traditions. Those without such prior religious teachings will still need to be aware of this aspect for the integration of the greater perspective of this New Message. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment