Friday, June 26, 2015

x2. Step 177 - I will learn to be honest today. – Journal – Step 176



Today: Step 177 - I will learn to be honest today. (MP3)


“I will learn to be honest today.” Step 177
THERE IS A GREATER HONESTY THAT IS WAITING for you to discover. There is a greater honesty that you must utilize on your own behalf. It is not enough merely to know how you feel. It is a greater requirement to feel what you know. This is a greater honesty and an honesty that is in harmony with life itself, an honesty that reflects the true advancement of all beings in the world. This is not merely expressing and demanding that your personal intent be carried out. It is demanding instead that the necessity of life within you may express itself in a way that is genuine to life itself. The form and the manner of this expression will be contained in the messages that you will need to deliver to others when the time comes for that to happen.

LEARN, THEN, TO FEEL WHAT YOU KNOW. This is a   greater honesty. It requires both openness and restraint. It requires self-inspection. It requires objectivity about your life. It requires stillness and peace as well as the ability to engage your mind actively in exploration. Thus, all that you have learned so far is contributed and utilized in today’s practice.

REMIND YOURSELF UPON THE HOUR OF TODAY’S PRACTICE and seriously consider it in the moment in which you find yourself. In the longer practices today, again enter stillness and engage your mind in this meaningful activity. The mind must be brought into the proximity of its Ancient Home for it to find comfort and peace. This requires self-discipline at the outset, but once the engagement is made, the process happens in and of itself naturally.

LEARN TO BECOME MORE HONEST TODAY. Learn to discern a greater level of honesty, a genuine level of honesty that affirms your very nature and does not betray your highest purpose.

PRACTICE 177: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Honest today? The glass wall in today’s picture could be taken as symbolic of a clarity/honesty in relation to the world, or in some other sense. Your choice.

From the journal Step 176 - I will follow Knowledge today.
7:42 a.m. Sunday, February 11, 2001 – 001 a strange year. …

8:29 a.m. Today and every day I practice following Knowledge. I am a beginning student. When I complete the exercises a 2nd time I may just begin at the 2nd part –

Q: Alan Voorheis – you told me there was an interest in regional planning at the time of planning for the interstate system as a means of educating localities.

10:25 a.m. Meaning, purpose, direction – distraction. Time spent (wasted) watching SNL – Jennifer Lopez – Cindy can't understand humor because she doesn't have the cultural background – the relativity of humor – can't get it if you don't pay attention to culture. How much of my time should go to the cultural scan? If I'm not alert to the temporary – current flow – how can I communicate?

1:16 p.m. GCW I – S2K – I am so honored to have this in my life. My love and respect to Marshall and all the teachers and students who manifested these teachings on earth that I might find them at my necessary midpoint.
Amen & Amen
T-om Su-ne

– This afternoon –....our bodies communicate, but in the area personal minds – still at odds. How do I relax out of that conflict? As GCW/S2K says and as you learn it you must teach it. So I'm getting it out in many subtle ways. …is a brick wall – and that infuriates, frustrates and confuses my minds.

10:34 p.m. Back home. At Ed & Mary's annual winter dinner with Alan White – astrologer. Alan gave a full lecture on all the aspects, levels, nuances of the Greek/Vedic zodiac. At the start of part II, he talked about the beast of the universe which made one circle, then another, which are the zodiac of our world. Such a cosmology. We then got the prediction/history of the Bush/Gore ballot slug out in November/December. Each teeter and totter had a sign conflict to match – how interesting – but not.

Today I was to follow Knowledge. What I did was eat, drink and talk to others. I watch the NASCAR Bud shootout at Daytona and ironed shirts. Now I prepare for practice #2 – late – but practice is the key.

Getting into full on Knowledge does take work upon work and disappointment upon disappointment. An imperfect student still, I try. Perhaps you will do better.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment