Tuesday, October 20, 2015

x2 Step 293 - I do not wish to suffer today. – Journal – Step 292



Today:  Step 293 - I do not wish to suffer today. (MP3)  

 
I do not wish to suffer today. Step 293

STRENGTHEN YOUR RESOLVE NOT TO SUFFER today by being a student of Knowledge, by adhering to Knowledge and by devoting yourself to Knowledge. Do not let the world draw you into its meaningless pursuits, into its hopeless endeavors or into its incensed conflicts. All these things still hold attraction for you, yet do not allow yourself to give into them today, for the persuasions of the world are born of the world’s great anxiety and fear. Anxiety and fear are like diseases that affect minds. Do not allow your mind to be so affected today. You do not want to suffer today, and suffer you will if you follow the world’s persuasions. Participate in the world and fulfill your mundane responsibilities, but strengthen your resolve to be a student of Knowledge, for this will free you from all suffering and will give you the greatness that you are intended to give to the world.

UPON THE HOUR CONFIRM THAT YOU DO NOT WANT TO SUFFER today and realize the inevitability of your suffering if you attempt to engage yourself in the world without Knowledge. The world can only remind you of your one great purpose and responsibility now, which is to become a student of Knowledge. Be grateful that the world will support you in the only way that it can, and be grateful that from your Ancient Home, God has extended Grace into the world for you to receive and to learn to give.

PRACTICE 293: Hourly practice.


7:47 a.m. June 7, 2001 – Step 292 – "How can I be angry with the world when it only serves me". What is my problem? I don't understand the world and I'm angry at my pain and that of others. The world of pain, any joy or pleasure only stimulates guilt. That limits one's effectiveness.

The practice today is again actively seeking those who have erred.

The world is more populated with greater levels of activity. Humanity solves problems with community. [1st use in journal] the scale of the local community has brought to the region/district in response to the wider geographic distribution of people, opportunities and needs.

> Mom called – Dad is in the hospital – his heart stopped. He may be getting ready to check out. Mom is scared. She loves him – always had. Yet she attacked – erred against him. He erred too – against her.

8:41 p.m. On the trail – down the hollow from Patient/truth – in the area of tall – tall poplars – sitting on a tree trunk – felled by a storm. This is Practice #2 a moving meditation as I pondered throughout this day – Step 292 – "How can I be angry with the world when it only serves me". I reviewed the writings from a year ago. It remains that primary errors came from me. As for the world serving me – that would need to be true for all souls -

12:05 a.m. Friday, June 8, 2001 – They wanted to talk/me listen – but a oinking raccoon chased me off the log – so I left the woods.

I am well served by the world. The Dickey Ridge Trail/SNP has nurtured me for years as I sought to Knowledge – not knowing that was the quest.

The world treats me well – I hope it does the same for others. People need different treatment, thus the world provides for that need.

Another complicated day, complete with an “oinking” raccoon. Progress? Yes some. Of note, “Humanity solves problems with community”. [1st use in journal]. This phrase will go through a long evolution to become one of my theses about Community Motive. I was happy to find this footprint from my journey. The same will be true for you. One thought will appear and then evolve over time and become important to some of your work in the world. Let us continue.

NNC
 

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment