Thursday, November 19, 2015

x2 Step 323 - My role in the world is too important to neglect. – Journal – Step 322



Today:  Step 323 - My role in the world is too important to neglect. (MP3)

My role in the world is too important to neglect. Step 323

YOUR ROLE IN THE WORLD IS TOO IMPORTANT TO NEGLECT. Therefore, do not neglect it this day. Carry forth the resolution that yesterday’s Review has given to you. Carry forth that which you need to do to deepen your practice, to utilize your practice, to utilize your experience in the world for practice, to carry your practice into the world and to allow your world to support your practice. Do not neglect this, for if you neglect this, you but neglect yourself, your certainty, your fulfillment and your happiness.

DO NOT NEGLECT THE PREPARATION that is underway now. Every day you strengthen this, and as you do this every day you advocate Knowledge. You advocate your participation in life. Indeed, even in your preparation now you are teaching Knowledge, and you are strengthening Knowledge in the world. Perhaps you cannot yet see this, but in time this will become so evident to you that you will learn to value every moment, every encounter with another, every thought and every breath. You will value every experience in life because you will be present to them, and you will realize that within each, you can express Knowledge and experience Knowledge expressing itself.

REMEMBER UPON THE HOUR TODAY. Make this dedication, at the beginning of today and at the beginning of all the days to follow, to utilize your steps as completely as possible. In your two deeper practice periods, re-enter stillness to refresh your mind. Strengthen your ability and your resolution to allow your mind to become still and receptive. This you must fortify each day, for this is part of your practice. This you must give yourself to each day, for this is how you give to yourself and to the world.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR ROLE, but do not burden yourself with thinking that your role is beyond your grasp, for what could be more natural to you than to fulfill the role for which you have come? What could be more fully confirming of the importance and the value of your life than to carry forth what your life was meant to be? The power of decision is given you today to strengthen and to apply, yet the Greater Power behind your decision is greater even than your decision. This Greater Power abides with you now. Do not neglect your preparation. Do not neglect to move towards the completion and the fulfillment of your role in the world, for as you approach this, happiness will approach you.

PRACTICE 323: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Yesterday:  Step 322 – Review

First the card notes:
Points from note cards
309 – The world you see is attempting to become one community, for this is its evolution. … for all worlds where intelligent life has evolved must become one community. … The conflicts you perceive are merely the attempt to preserve separation. … to become one community … is the true desire of all who dwell here … Remember, you have been called and you are responding to your one true purpose. … Regardless of how the world … must accomplish this one true goal. Thus, you can proceed with certainty. … the world itself must unlearn ambivalence, as you are now learning to do...

310 – I am free because I desire to give. … for there are many undertaking the same preparation as you. There are many who have accomplished your current preparation … Thus, you are part of a great learning community … for all must reclaim Knowledge. This is God’s Will. You who are claiming your studenthood in K will claim your advocacy for K. In this, you will increasingly become a force for good in the world—

311 – The world is calling me. I must prepare to serve it. You cannot prepare yourself, for you do not know what you are preparing for, … God calls you to recognize your purpose and fulfill it. Do not hate the world or resist it, for it is the place where you will fulfill your destiny. Thus, it deserves your gratitude and appreciation. Yet, also remember to respect the power of its confusion and its inducements. … take note of the world’s confusion and enter into the world carefully, with discernment and adherence to Knowledge.

312 – There are greater problems for me to solve in the world. … K will provide correction at all levels as your life becomes uniform and directed, as your K begins to emerge and as your true sense of self begins to be recognized and received.

313 – Let me recognize that what is complex is simple. –problems are considered complex “…because you have lived in imagination … using … personal beliefs to organize the universe according to your liking. … You have been saved because K is with you. You have been redeemed because you are learning to receive K. Thus it is that all conflicts will become resolved, and you will find true purpose, meaning and direction in the world. … This will require your active engagement as a student of K - that which is active within you is K, for you are now receiving your True Self.

314 – I will not be afraid to follow today. - Merely accept what you are and utilize it for good. Here you end the war against yourself, where you have attempted to be something that you are not. … Do not doubt the power of K within you and what it can accomplish, for you cannot comprehend the meaning of K, the source of K or the mechanism of K. You can only receive its beneficence.

315 – Today I will not be alone. … choose not to be alone, and you will see that you have never been alone. Choose not to isolate yourself, and you will see that you are part of life already.

316 – I will trust my deepest inclinations today. … Your deepest inclinations emanate from K. As your mind becomes clear of its restraints You will be able to discern them more easily. This will require great self-trust, which of course will require great self-love. K will re-establish your self-love and will place it upon a firm foundation that the world cannot shake.

317 – I need but relinquish my ambivalence to know the truth. - Ambivalence is confusion. How simple it is to know the the truth when the truth is truly desired. Seek, then, escape from ambivalence, for this is confusion. …The man and woman of K need not burden themselves with constant deliberation of what they must do, how they must be, who they are and where they are going in life, for these things become known as each step is anticipated and taken.  you begin to trust yourself and the world. Here peace is possible and assured even for those who are active in the world, for they carry stillness and openness within them.

318 – Have hope because a Greater Power is in the world. … This GP in the world requires that you be prepared to receive it and to express it. … If you will but look without judgment, you will see the amazing presence of K in the world.

319 – … whenever you enter into fear … remember… that a Greater Power is in the world and … in your life … step forward into the light of truth. …As you look upon the world w/o …judgment, you will see… a GP @ work. … realize that you have brought your Ancient Home with you and your Ancient Home is here as well.

320 – I am free to work within the world. In the past you have been afraid of the world, intimidated … angered … depressed - ambivalent … because … of fear … You have nothing to take Home with you from the world except the reclamation of relationships. … You are here to give to the world, for Knowledge is greater than the world—the world only being a temporary place where K has been temporarily forgotten.

321 – … your task is to perfect your vehicle so that K may express itself freely. You do not have to wonder or imagine how this can be done, for it is being done today and will be done tomorrow.

322 – Review … view your participation objectively. Here you will learn how to learn, and you will learn how to prepare yourself and govern yourself. You must choose to participate, and you must choose to deepen your participation.

From the journal:  

Saturday, July 7, 2001

9:45 a.m. Slept until 9. My exercises are beginning to be felt. I will go slow and use Dr. B [chiropractor] to keep adjusted.

It is a strange world – considering the poverty, backwardness of family based Appalachia – and how it keeps people down – Cindy observing Front Royal – an un-pretty town. On TV – C-SPAN – an author talking about slow/low support by Southern intellectuals for desegregation in the 1940s –

Rich Planet, Poor Planet – that's what we have. It can be/is overwhelming.

Long practice today.

11:16 a.m. Reading my journal first to get a sense of what has happened.

11:41 a.m. Still reading – … I started out as a human resources planner – and that is what I still a.m.

It occurred to me to give Cindy some cash for her cleaning work $20 and a homemade card. I need less and less – just more time. I've little desire to travel – go see things, though when I do – I learn.

11:49 a.m. The practices have moved me this week and the previous one. I know the intent is that I feel at home in the world. That Step was surprising and gratifying when I first completed the practice.

12:28 p.m. Start – lunch – watching an author on TV. 42% of people get information from TV.

2:58 p.m. – Outside doing the review – I became distracted. A yapping puppy, work thoughts – expecting a call, another tinge of hunger – so I come inside – and after 20+ minutes am back to the review.

3:09 p.m. At the review of Step 316 – and fear emerges in me – the threat of pain and death to those who reveal the illusion. I do seek to be hidden on these points – especially the resolution which will be hated by many. [7/21/01 – Michael Brownlee wanted to post it – so I said OK]

I will need to love myself when everyone hates me. I've had minor experience there.

Faith requires that willingness to be destroyed. Risk management. S2K says K will help if you can discern it!

– Self trust – Where do I trust myself and where not? In relationships I trust myself with parents and children. In planning and futures – I trust my vision, my awareness, my sense of problems and solutions. In my choices of material products – I trust myself more so. In finance, investment – I've come to learn a perspective that gives me trust. In my use of time, I'm doing better. All this improvement is due to relationships with others.

So – what is not to trust? I've not been martyred. So it is fear that creates the ambivalence of this moment.

3:44 p.m. Ambivalence – fear – confusion – fear of having nothing – an earth bound human fear…yet we leave with nothing – so – other than relationships with other life – incarnate and spirit – What is there?

To simplify – to have less – to send to Texas those things with no value to me now.

4:02 p.m. So – I do trust myself and have some sense of peace in the world for I have stillness as a sanctuary which restores my soul. I am not alone – as I move through the manifestation. As I unburden my guilt, fear and self-judgment, I am more able to be K's representative in the world.

> We must learn to cooperate better for we are wasting far too much of our resources through poor design and lack of intelligence. Our waste will lead to greater want.

4:40 p.m. Is my imagination being redirected by K? – Step 321 says this can occur as my life becomes free of conflict. Points of conflict are… my relationship with Cindy. I can let go…I feel – but I can't let go for her. There is no trick that will heal this relationship, I can't deny – I can let go more & more – but that distances, it does not heal. What she claims is love does not feel like – love – I can accept it – but is that a lie?

4:56 p.m. – Review complete – nearly a day, since I started yesterday. Conflicts will be resolved as I cultivate my Knowledge and connect to the Greater Power in life – my life. Amen and Amen – Nasi Novare Coram –
T-om Su-ne/TJC

Very long, if you bothered to read this part. Hope it was some benefit. Your journey and reactions to the Steps are one thing, the more important thing for you. My notes and entries are a reflection and part of my process. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment