Tuesday, November 10, 2015

x2 Step 314 - I will not be afraid to follow today. – Journal – Step 313



Today:  Step 314 - I will not be afraid to follow today. (MP3)

I will not be afraid to follow today. Step 314

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO FOLLOW, for you are a follower. Do not be afraid to be a student, for you are a student. Do not be afraid to learn, for you are a learner. Merely accept what you are and utilize it for good. Here you end the war against yourself, where you have attempted to be something that you are not. Learn to accept yourself, and you will realize you are accepted. Learn to love yourself, and you will realize that you are loved. Learn to receive yourself, and you will learn that you are received. How can you love, accept and receive yourself? By being a student of Knowledge, because here all these accomplishments are natural. You must accomplish them to be with Knowledge, and Knowledge will accomplish them. Thus, a simple means is given to you to resolve a seemingly complex dilemma.

DO NOT DOUBT THE POWER OF KNOWLEDGE WITHIN YOU and what it can accomplish, for you cannot comprehend the meaning of Knowledge, the source of Knowledge or the mechanism of Knowledge. You can only receive its beneficence. You are only asked to receive this day. You are only asked to be a recipient of Knowledge.

UPON THE HOUR REMEMBER YOUR IDEA and give it serious consideration throughout the day. Realize the many opportunities to practice this day, as your mind now is being drawn away from fantasy and confusion. Realize how much time and energy is available to you. You will be amazed at how your life will open and what great opportunities will begin to emerge for you.

IN YOUR DEEPER PRACTICES TODAY, once again enter stillness. Once again take refuge from the vicissitudes and the confusion of the world. Once again enter the sanctuary of Knowledge to give yourself. It is in this giving that you receive. It is in this giving that you will find what you seek this day.

PRACTICE 314: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Picture: Going into a tunnel we’ve established as somewhat fearful, maybe more so a passenger. Here we are following into a tunnel that goes underwater. Another level of anxiety – but still we trust and follow.


1:07 a.m. Thursday, Jun 28 - 2001.

Up late. Three whole beers. Cindy goes ballistic @ 10:30 p.m. - I go for a walk to the P.O. I won't take attack.

Since 11 p.m. – Watching TV – Jimmy Glick – Martin Short’s new show – then surfing, surfing, surfing I have more important things to do, but I don't know how I'll get there.

There are many things I deal with that suck energy.

I'm proud of David and Sarah. As human beings they have good hearts.. My children – I love them all – but their world – they’ll need to be focused, they'll need knowledge. It has been a journey for me. Perhaps I can reach them. Perhaps they'll reach me.

I read my resolution this morning. No feedback from the Society. I may give it further distribution.

I feel it is working – this one copy in my journal, signed – intentional – it protects me and humanity. Action was simple.

There is so much time and space to fill up – where does it go? What do we do?

I feel @ peace this moment. I'll be tired when I get up in a few hours.

1:24 a.m. "Let me recognize that what is complex is simple". Step 313

This is what I wrote 1/23/2000 – 17 months ago in the Steps book "I cannot come up with a scheme that organizes the universe, the world, Knowledge within the world, the Knowledge I wish to use, the information I already have, the information and Knowledge the world needs".

Who was this person and who am I now? The home I sit in is so nice – simple on many counts, yet a palace with great resources and connections to a rich world. True wealth is just under the illusion –

The Step – active participation to penetrate the meaning of the Step "What is complex is simple" – take inventory to recognize the work to be done within you.

> I see simple steps within the complex.

7:50 a.m. Solving problems in the world, being active, takes you out of imagination – unless you are solving imaginary problems.

2:49 p.m. The map of "regions" – State Standard – then there are the regional communities which use part, all or multiples in their work.

6:52 p.m. Home @ 6 – ate, started laundry, a little TV – tired again – work was spastic… but – I get a check. Practice #2 – "Let me recognize that which is complex is simple".

Things are complex because of imagination? Things are complex because we do too much? (Try the impossible with our beliefs and failed the impossible)

The "regions" I see is simple. Bringing it to visibility – that can be simple?...

reading my response last year 5/26/2000 and the idea that "the complex nature of boundaries can be simple" I understood/realized that most boundaries are imaginary. We want people to respect the imaginary boundaries – and fight. Which boundaries are useful? and which are just imagination?

This, of course, is true – so what other parts of imagination are there to see? I can view imagination at work, but not change how its presence affects others who do not see it as imagination.

10:44 p.m. Imagination – (the illusion?) How much of that do I live it? I've spent an hour moving my mail from Outlook 2000 to Outlook Express. Do I imagine that I am communicating? My intent is that. Am I misguided?

The self-evaluations that these Steps take us through benefit from recording the ups and downs,, so that comparison can be made – and progress recognized. The journals don’t have to be shared. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment