Friday, November 13, 2015

x2 Step 317 - I need but relinquish my ambivalence to know the truth. – Journal – Step 316



Today:  Step 317 - I need but relinquish my ambivalence to know the truth. (MP3)

I need but relinquish my ambivalence to know the truth. Step 317

HOW SIMPLE IT IS TO KNOW THE TRUTH when the truth is truly desired. How easy it is to recognize ambivalence and to see its devastating impact upon your life. How simple it is to see the evidence of ambivalence in the world around you and how it undermines the deeper inclinations of all who dwell here. Seek, then, escape from ambivalence, for this is confusion. Seek, then, escape from the burden of constant decision making and choice, for this is a burden.

THE MAN AND WOMAN OF KNOWLEDGE need not burden themselves with constant deliberation of what they must do, how they must be, who they are and where they are going in life, for these things become known as each step is anticipated and taken. Thus, the great weight that you carry in the world is released from your shoulders. Thus, you begin to trust yourself and the world. Here peace is possible and assured even for those who are active in the world, for they carry stillness and openness within them. They are unburdened now and are in a position to truly contribute.

REMIND YOURSELF OF YOUR LESSON UPON THE HOUR and as you look upon the world, see the effect and influence of ambivalence. Recognize how disabling it is and how it emanates from and supports confusion. It is the result of attempting to value the meaningless and to ignore the meaningful. Here things of no value compete with things of true value in the estimation of those who perceive them. Recognize this as you look upon the world. Let not an hour pass today without practice, for in this way this day will teach you the importance of Knowledge. It will teach you that ambivalence must be escaped and that it is the curse of confusion upon the world.

IN YOUR DEEPER PRACTICE PERIODS, escape your own ambivalence and re-enter the sanctuary of Knowledge where in stillness and in peace you can fully experience the power of Knowledge and the truth of your own nature. This is a day of freedom. This is a day of understanding your dilemma and realizing that your escape is at hand. Take this step with confidence, for today you can escape ambivalence.

PRACTICE 317: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


July 1, 2001 8:45 a.m. Where am I? I am not that important in the world. Ideas I bring through may be helpful. It won't happen without work – I'm tired of work, but life is work, so I'm tired of life. That is a conundrum.

What are my deepest inclinations? I seek to Know the universe in which my consciousness has manifested in an apparently self-reflective state. Life is moving and human life, by virtue of its tools, affects the environment more than any other earthly life form. Having come to this perspective – that my consciousness is one of many, I find that relationships are many – and without them – no existence. Mind/brains get damaged or limited due to biology – genetic limits. So – in play – it is win, lose, or draw – or survive and prosper, and at what level?

Human beings required nurturing. This is not easy when there is a lot of change. People expect to grow. The body reaches its genetic destiny when nourished and is absent environmental damage. Relationships form – once just near – in the tribe, local community, but now – far – indirect, subtle.

That takes me from "in the beginning" to "now" and the inclination is to help present a perspective that integrates life as now seen with the outcome of the present trends of all our relations – seen, unseen or potential. The context gets bigger – the forces are greater – and what controls?

Is it intent? Perhaps – but all intents can't be manifested without power and Knowledge. Some intents are only power seeking and seek to dominate and deny to others access to the power over their own lives.

10:24 a.m. My inclination is to become aware in the world and to act in ways that lead others to awareness so that, together the world is safer for life, for humanity.

10:58 a.m. - - - Our matter-of-fact life. Wearing sandals again brings me to a younger, more energetic time. With the need for a lift in my left shoe, I gave up on sandals 20 years ago – it seems. Odd this reaction – Jesus shoes they were called.

11:44 a.m. Practice #1 done. My greatest inclination is to love. That is a pro-active love I feel – doing, but not overdoing.

3:02 p.m. Is it hopeless to have Outlook 2000 help organize my work priorities? That's how it feels. Yet – I've not been able to get a paper system to work either. This is very confusing. It does not appear in GCW – I should really why upon K to do that, H.S. – I did with ACIM – perhaps I didn't do it long enough. Trying the "repair" option again. It didn't work before

3:15 p.m. What am I Knowing now that was not conscious before?
– My deepest intention is love.
– I came into the world because I love the world, as does the Creator.
– I assume this is true for all souls…though their earth spells/manifestation trauma has not led all to that awareness. They remain separated. Spiritual family reclaims us. I was reclaimed. So – what am I to do with this awareness? I was reclaimed by community. I was prodigal – and spirit searched me out, found me, talked me back. I awoke and came back – and was met on the way.

Soul-suppressed humans can be created by our culture. The greater community must find and demonstrate love to the lost.

The job of government and society is to invest in education. The educated become restless and challenge what society gives them or they might use it for their advantage.

7:57 p.m. Giving up…on Outlook – my mind map was the most effective management tool I had…and that's what I'll use – I may keep an "ideas" database – will have to see… It is quite difficult for me to be linear.

If I am so –
A day of thought and software wrestling. These Steps take us deeper into our own thinking. There are many thoughts to connect. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment