Monday, November 23, 2015

x2 Step 327 - I will be at peace today. – Journal – Step 326




Today:  Step 327 - I will be at peace today. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I will be at peace today. Step 327
 
YOU CAN BE AT PEACE TODAY, even while you consider greater things in the world and beyond the world. You can be at peace today even while you meet the challenge of becoming a student of Knowledge and the challenge of observing your world with objectivity. How can you be so active and have such challenge and still be at peace? The answer is that Knowledge is with you. As you abide with Knowledge, feel Knowledge and carry Knowledge out into the world, within yourself you will be still, though on the outside you may be actively engaged. There is no contradiction between peace and movement, between inner stillness and outer engagement. Though the world is a difficult and frustrating place to be, it is a natural recipient of Knowledge. Its difficulties and its frustrations need not affect your internal state, which is becoming ever more unified and harmonious.

REMIND YOURSELF UPON THE HOUR to be at peace while you are in the world. Release all fear and anxiety and fortify your adherence to Knowledge as you do so. In your two deeper practice periods when you take refuge from the world, rekindle the fire of Knowledge and take comfort in its warm presence. Realize that within this fire all things that are imaginary and harmful are consumed. The fire of Knowledge will not burn you, but it will warm your soul. You can enter this fire without fear of pain or harm. It will purify and cleanse you, for it is the fire of love. Today be at peace, for today is a day of peace, and peace is given you to receive this day.

PRACTICE 327: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


This was a confirming Step for me the first time through. Those that have stayed with the Steps and do it a second time or more, probably have had confirmations along the way. Two notes on the Steps pages give my response from year one and remained true year two, and now in year 15:


I wrote: “Knowledge is unity! The community already exists.” My work in regional planning led me to understand that community precedes cooperation. That train of thought is in the journal entries, but it might be something you’ve skipped over. The work challenge to do something new or different usually means the need to work across boundaries. The way ideas and action spread, as I’ve come to see it, is to build/recognize community around issues. This may sound academic, pedantic, bureaucratic, but it is really experiential.

While Greater Community is the challenge to Humanity, it is also the solution. Humanity must itself become a Greater Community. It is the path of evolution we are told, as hard as that might be to accept.

From the journal:  

12:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 11, 2001 – Step 326 "GC is something I can feel, but not understand". Text talks about becoming "one person". Am I not one person – am I, are most people, split personalities? My behavior is inconsistent. Sometimes reliable, sometimes not. Sometimes moral, sometimes not so moral.

Do I know anyone who is not a multiple personality – different in different environments? And then we judge.

text: "You need to see yourself as one person
      you need to see your world as one community
      need to see your universe as a Greater Community.
    – all trying to unify –
        to un-bang the Big Bang?

What would it mean to see and feel myself as one person? I would be consistent – not exercise one moment and over eat the next; do what I said I’d do – not procrastinate; nor make commitments I didn't want; not try to do the work of many; organize and manage time; not stay up late, expecting to get up early; not do half-assed/half-baked things; not create a crisis in order to pressure to do what needs to be done; not go too fast; let parts be done in order –

– text "Understanding comes through participation". & "…understanding is born of hindsight and true application". (7/21/01 how do you turn hindsight into foresight?)

Kis meant to free you from the disability of your own imagination.

– I imagine being different people – more than one – which disables me from being one person – myself.

– I need to feel being one person. Obviously only feel one body – but how many drivers?

Goal – GC? – individuality with integration/without fragmentation

– regional councils – a potential for regional community [the framework]

8:30 p.m. M.E. drops the hammer. Sarah is in detox – she's in a shelter or on the street. M.E.'s taking the trailer away. She's putting David and Jamie out of the house. David and Sarah are failing as functional adults. Therefore I failed as a parent. I could not teach. At work I could not teach – I could not find the people I need. [M.E. blames it all on the fact David and Sarah have been diagnosed as bipolar 7/21/01]

Natural Light beer – opening a bottle of beer – the sound of failure.

As a parent, I've been unsuccessful. I've some experience.

The Step today says we are, I am – becoming one person.

Life begins again? Do I feel one with life or separated? One with life, yes, separated from my children.

My failed experiment at parenting.

What I've Known and what I've done are/have been separated. If I could have been the one person who has Known/did Know – my life would be different.

I've added some value to society – and have potential for more. That is the one person I can be. Far simpler, more focused…

Trying to be too much? Too many people?

Popeye – "I am what I am and that's all that I am".
Otis Redding – Sitting on the Dock of the Bay – "I can't to be what ten people want me to be, so I'll remain the same.

– Fantasy/illusion – wounds, kills, disappoints,

Relationship failure – perpetuates and teaches failure. The domino effect of dysfunction.

Yet humanity fails forward.

So… I am humble…contrite…confused…resigned…sad.

I am just sad, sad and helpless – for the teaching and the help did not say them from pain.

10:46 p.m. From now on I am only going to be one person. Time to consolidate – I'm becoming R… My work is to integrate ideas for regional/community – that is the pattern I recognize and wish to bring to the forefront.

Let us continue. If you are writing in you journal, entries may be getting longer as it does take thought and it is useful to keep track of new or changed thinking. New thoughts, I’ve found, are often guidance – so, record them when you can. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment