Saturday, January 2, 2016

CT Step 2 - The gift of Knowledge is given me today. – Journal – CT Step 1



Today:  CT Step 2 - The gift of Knowledge is given me today. (MP3)

The gift of Knowledge is given me today. CT Step 2

The gift of Knowledge is given you today. Abide in its stillness. Receive its certainty. Share in its total commitment to life. Rejoice in the reprieve that it gives you from the conflicts and the horrors of the world.

In your one long practice today, practice stillness. Simply receive this stillness, this gift, this reprieve, the luxury of peace where no problems have to be solved and nothing has to be contemplated or corrected. Do not see this as an effort, but as a gift.

During your time of practice, find a comfortable place to sit. Uncross your arms and your legs. Give this practice your total attention, not letting your mind wander to other things. For the gift is given you today. Upon each hour stop and experience the presence of Knowledge, the stillness of Knowledge and receive the counsel of Knowledge if it is needed.

During the day as well consider what today's lesson is really telling you. Let yourself not be caught up in the frantic pursuits of the world, but carry out your worldly responsibilities with a greater discernment and sense of presence. It is not up to you to determine whether things are good or bad, right or wrong but instead to follow The Way of Knowledge, for in this you will become a force of good in the world, and it will teach you all that you need to know.

Practice 2:      One 30-minute stillness practice.
Contemplation practice.
Hourly practice.

Picture: Feather on the path Dickey Ridge Trail, Shenandoah National Park. July 24, 2014. I took a picture, but did not take the feather. Most likely from a protected bird, it is against the law to have such items, regardless of where they were obtained. Found Feathers and the Feather Atlas


Beginning Continuation Training, we have a foundation. We are committed beginning students. There may be more thinking going on, more to put into the journal, if there is time. I had the spiral bound, 8.5 x 11 inch book, so there was plenty of room to write on the page. The new, bound book is smaller – but do make notes in it – that is a part of journaling, provided you date the note. The comment may be good, but when in the journey was it written?

Each time I started CT Steps, I recorded the date. This will be the 18th time. I’m putting the pages in, not for any particular content, but so you will choose not to limit your self-expression.


The journal entry was long:

12:02 a.m. Saturday, August 25, 2001 – Stuffed up head. I do not do well when sick and unable to breathe.
3:20 p.m. Starting "Dances with Wolves"

7:25 p.m. Still ill – moving slow. Dances was good to see again. I don't know if I understood the relationships the first time I saw it. I was thinking there was a time reference to the Spaniards – but it was visual – a helmet – an artifact –  
the conquistador's metal helmet.

7:33 p.m. Today's Step "Knowledge is with me, but where am I?" I did my Stillness @ 6:30 p.m. I am to find a daily, regular time. It could be 6:30 or 7 a.m. – 6 or 6:30 p.m.

What is the meaning of this lesson? This morning the idea that K is with me I could see/feel – as the center point, stillness, but I was not with it – spread out in many places – unfocused – 

In stillness practice, I was drawn into the center – back to my K, but is also part of the Big K – so – centering was not just on me, but the K.

From that center, I could explore the world – it was like Front Royal being the center of its region, a pole for the planet, centering returning to the source.

The same time my center point is moving directly to God – my direction – that's what I felt as the return in my gut the other night – the movement.

While the earth rotates as it circles around the sun, as our galaxy moves through space – there is lots of physical movement – but in time I could see a straight line my soul – regardless of what I was doing, that was heading back to God – and I was not alone –

The degree to which I can be still and centered on my Knowledge determines the rate of progress – being centered, we move faster, uncentered, more slowly.

It fit with today's Step, which is a repeat of the 2nd step in S2K.

Holy Spirit/Knowledge is with me. It is my guide, our guide.

Knowledge can be with us, but we’re not with it – so we suffer from our disability. It is not the physical suffering – it is the emotional.

It seems ironic, yet totally synchronistic that I should watch “Dances with Wolves” today. The lieutenant turned native when he understood the Lakota. They were more spiritual than the white people who were overrunning the country.

The Lakota demonstrated wisdom among a tribal group. The Pawnee had a different ethic. It was a history of manifestation, but not something you can go back to

How can the values be brought forward into a national society, an international world?

A man on TV – in a discussion of teenage pregnancy – said it was a mental health problem. Contraceptives and sex education did not deal with that. Sex is for reproduction and partner bonding. I can see that now, that's not how society dealt with it.

We are too short distance from our tribal groups? Full of technology – but behind in sociology.

At least with this first Step, I’m a more serious student. Being 2001, many elements of the New Message are yet to be released. It may be an advantage to do this part with the initial books. As I’ve often said, I remain a beginning student after many years of study because every time I return to a part of the message, I see something that I’d not recognized before.

There were five days between the end of Step 365 and the arrival of CT Steps. For any so interested in what happened in that time, I’ve put that at the very end of this post. We continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest, but this is the first time you’ve seen Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. Begin at the beginning.

If you do know about Steps, but have not done Steps twice completely, read the related materials, and have a sense of the direction of this study, you won’t get the experience. The Introduction begins:

“This is the Steps to Knowledge Continuation Training. It is designed to build upon the Steps that were learned in Steps to Knowledge to enable you to experience the grace, the power and the direction of Knowledge in your life and to become an expression of Knowledge in everything that you do. If you have completed the book, Steps to Knowledge, twice through and have followed the instructions as they were given without altering the curriculum in any way, then you are now ready to begin this more advanced study”.

If you are an independent student, that is certainly an option. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

Journal entries August 20 to August 24, 2001

12:12 a.m. Monday, August 20, 2001

Step 1 – Regional Community is my (GC) work.

I am up because I need to deal with the pain of Sarah's current trauma. She's 8 months pregnant and out of control in a psychiatric ward. On Tuesday she goes to court. Hopefully they will commit her until she has her baby and then social services will take the baby, eventually finding it a home. I pray the new child will not follow Sarah's path. Where Sarah's anger comes from may not be Knowable, but there are many suspects –

Given what happens here on earth – the lives of pain that people lead – the trauma unit in the heavens must be enormous.

Reading GCW I – "Marriage" – helped. Reading GC always helps give perspective – I need that very much.

8 a.m. Monday – Carrying Sarah’s pain – pain of being alone, of being different, of being less, of having been attacked and unwanted. I am now and have been powerless to heal her pain – her mind’s mental state. To Sarah's soul I offer my love and that of our family. Nasi Novare Coram

10:39 p.m. I meditated twice today. Just Stillness. Hourly I have my Step and read my prayer for Sarah and our family. Knowledge is at work – Mary Ellen called today and said things are going more smoothly than she could have written the script. The child needs to be born in state custody so that Sarah will have to prove she can be the mother.

This is wearing me down, making me tired…yet I can see God at work in the world…so I will not judge.

I looked at the photo albums – 1982 – 1987 – it was a different life – a hard life the kids so active and little social life for me.

What else might I have done? What can I do now but seek Knowledge. Knowledge will give her work – be a mom –

12:52 a.m. Wednesday, August 21, 2001 – Up late – spent nearly 3 hours writing comments for my "Annual Evaluation.” I don't trust them and need to be prepared. Need to add the leave issue and letters of thanks.

Sarah should be in the State Hospital in Wichita Falls by now. Holy Spirit/Knowledge is working clearly there so I can't Know it is working for me to as I go through disappointment and seek the open door.

11:06 a.m. Alignment is the element that gives power. Whether the management polarity is centralization or decentralization of government, the geographic/policy/ action/coordination alignment is what gives power. When confusion is removed – alignment can be seen.

Great movements are attributed to alignments of stars & planets – a physical thing. Doing the same with policy/ cooperation is way. Cooperation with retention of rights can be beneficial through alignment. Many boundaries create confusion with regions.

5:38 p.m. If it is the purpose of disappointment to cause us to seek God, then I've had/am having many episodes of disappointment. GCW I says someone is always disappointed – no matter what.

11:35 p.m. I have read "Disappointment" three times and begin again. Tonight I talked to David about disappointment. He's at wits end. Jamie too is stressed – it doesn't get better – the truck… a disappointment. Is depression the path to God? It is a disappointment become trauma.

In the shower – reacting to Cindy's attack when she came home – criticizing me for putting weeds in the garbage – carrying it across the kitchen floor.

If attack is a cry for help and ACIM is right, the most of what goes on in the world is attack – and the earth of humans is a huge cry for help. Then the earth may have a whole different purpose than we imagine.

8:02 a.m. August 23 – 2001 – Thursday – People really can't handle very much. I've been overwhelmed for years… Yet I continued to contribute. Most people do. My Step today says the next step to God – that is the direction of my life. If cooperation is the purpose, then what is the meaning of my life?

8:20 p.m. Talked to David – he's feeling better, waiting to hear from Sarah. Work…very busy today. The PD illusion moves forward – as my successor was around.

8:55 p.m. In this meditation I felt the power of my soul as it moves toward God with the next step, next breath, next heartbeat, next thought, next…whatever. Everything is moving me towards God and the alignment with others and within myself is a source of greater power. No little thing, good or bad, changes that relationship of my soul. If my purpose is cooperation, and my direction is to God, then what is my meaning? That I am a son/child/be of God? What does it mean that I am? It means I’m of God. That is my soul.

8:17 a.m. Friday, August 24, 2001 – Bipolar disorder – Sarah and David – Might that be why counseling didn’t work? I need to learn more.

5:08 p.m. Two bipolar kids. What are the odds? What is the reason? A little surfing found a lot. [11/9/01 – it makes M.E. Feel better to think this is true.]

The Commission gave me an increase – O.K. – we'll see what the strings are. Water Authority moving well.

5:52 p.m. My continuation training has arrived. I will begin it tomorrow. Spirit provided five steps to get from Sunday to today.
They were –
Monday – Regional Community is my work.
Tuesday – I am not alone in this work.
Wednesday – Knowledge provides the next step.
Thursday – The next step is to God.
Friday – And the next, and the next…

They have served me well.

I was able to get through this time with my own Steps. It was a relief to have the CT Steps arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment