Saturday, January 30, 2016

CT Step 30 - To realize my strength, I must exercise my authority. – Journal – CT Step 29



Today:  CT Step 30 - To realize my strength, I must exercise my authority. (MP3)
 
To realize my strength, I must exercise my authority. CT Step 30

The Creator has given you great authority in the world, a great authority which you must now claim and use wisely for a greater purpose. Neglecting this authority casts you under the power of other authorities in the world—the authorities of governments, the authorities of religious beliefs, the authorities of family and the tyranny of all the social conditioning which can oppress you and which can deny you access to Knowledge and your great inheritance.

Surely now is the time to discover this authority and to exercise it as greater persuasive powers are being cast over the world from those visiting from the Greater Community. They will utilize their abilities to fulfill their own goals and commitments. Therefore, you must stand up for what is true within yourself and you must guard your mind against intrusion and against false persuasion, in all of its manifestations.

Think about this today as you travel about the world and carry out your worldly activities. Think about your mind and whether you really control it or not. Think about how much of its power is given to you and how much of it is given to all of the other forces to which you bow down. Recognize how little personal freedom there really is in the world and how little of it is utilized, and you will gain a greater commitment to preserve your own mind and to dedicate it to a greater purpose, the true purpose that is yours to claim and to fulfill.

As you practice upon the hour, exercise your authority. Do not let circumstances or neglect prevent you from utilizing each opportunity to strengthen yourself and everyone around you. Your greater authority must be reclaimed, and this is your opportunity to reclaim it.

Practice 30:   One 30-minute stillness practice.
                         Contemplation practice.
                         Hourly practice.


Picture:  In Utah, in route from Salt Lake City to Moab on  U.S. 6 E. Being “in the driver’s seat” is an expression of exercise of authority. Various strengths are required, mental, physical and emotional, depending upon the vehicle and the situation. There is an obligation to be responsible.



9:01 a.m. September 23, 2001 – Sunday

Step 29 – "I wish to Know my own strength". Achieving stillness opens a path for the emergence of K. It is my desire to achieve that for the world and my spiritual and earthly family. The biological/relationship crew is often a drain, so I need lots of strength, though I don't know how to use it. In checking relationships for 4 Pillars – nothing new came to mind, though the prior five hours had been spent listening to Cindy…. I suggested a wireless network in order that the phone not be tied up when she's on the Internet. She was shocked; ignored the issue, then was offended that I brought it up at dinner, then was sick and left the restaurant. She drove home and I had to listen to her rant about the kids. She was/is offended anytime I suggest she read something. She feels that I'm still "Christ, Children, Career" – as I told David my focus was. She didn't hear that I said family, including Jamie.

Of course K didn't have to tell me the relationship has problems. That has always been the case. It comes and goes; but has been more persistent in the last few months. What Cindy is getting is exactly what she wanted in terms of a relationship.

6:40 p.m. Orphan trail, 5 trees – Where am I? The Stillness exercise done – Stillness easier to achieve in the woods – though I'm not that distant from traffic noise. People could be on the trail. I was surprised to see one young man as I came here.

– This day saw on C-SPAN 2 – Victor Davis Hanson talking about his book "Carnage and Culture" and how the Western notions of war came to have the West dominate the planet. It is a militarist way, yet based on the notions of freedom and responsibility of the troops.

As has been recorded in these journals often – and as I reacted this a.m. – I have a military soul and a steely eye to find. That was revealed to me in earlier healings and, of course, I know my own sense. It is the Prussian in me? The cause of response to the Jihad of Bin Laden and the fundamentalist Muslims is real. But I responded more to the need for planetary defense and a single-minded humanity. Religious fanaticism cannot defend humanity. The downside of the Western way of war is when it is applied one Western nation against another.

For my goal of regional community and the important role of security and community – I need to understand the military, strategist mind of me and my culture.

Why is there so much to process, especially since I’ve been working at it so long? Your journals and exercise times may be occupied with different issues, in greater or lesser volume. There is a promise of resolution – and there has been much of that in the prior two years of Steps, but there’s always more to understand it seems. So, we continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest, but this is the first time you’ve seen Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. Begin at the beginning.

If you do know about Steps, but have not done Steps twice completely, read the related materials, and have a sense of the direction of this study, you won’t get the experience. The Introduction begins:

“This is the Steps to Knowledge Continuation Training. It is designed to build upon the Steps that were learned in Steps to Knowledge to enable you to experience the grace, the power and the direction of Knowledge in your life and to become an expression of Knowledge in everything that you do. If you have completed the book, Steps to Knowledge, twice through and have followed the instructions as they were given without altering the curriculum in any way, then you are now ready to begin this more advanced study”.

If you are an independent student, that is certainly an option. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment