Sunday, March 1, 2015

x2 Step 60 – Journal Step 59 - Today I will learn patience.

Today: Step 60 - I will not judge the world today. (MP3)  


I will not judge the world today. Step 60

WITHOUT YOUR JUDGMENTS, Knowledge can indicate what you must do and what you must understand. Knowledge represents a greater judgment, but it is a judgment that is very different from your own, for it is not born of fear. It does not possess anger. It is always meant to serve and to nourish. It is just, in that it gives true recognition to every person’s current state without belittling their meaning or their destiny.

DO NOT JUDGE THE WORLD TODAY so that you may see the world as it is. Do not judge the world today so that you may accept the world as it is. Allow the world to be exactly as it is so that you can recognize it. Once the world has been recognized, you will realize how much it needs you and how much you will want to give to it. The world does not need blame. It needs service. It needs truth. And above all, it needs Knowledge.

EVERY HOUR TODAY, TAKE A MOMENT and look at the world without judgment. Repeat the affirmation for today and spend a moment looking at the world without judgment. Regardless of what appearance you may see, whether it pleases you or displeases you, whether you find it beautiful or ugly, whether you think it is worthy or unworthy, look at it without judgment.

PRACTICE 60: Hourly practice.

Picture:  Stained-glass art pieces with two views of the world. What is represented here?


Tuesday, October 17, 2000

8:22 a.m. – I need to sleep on my stomach. It is it the most comfortable, it does work on my back.

4:21 p.m. At work. I’ve lost the fire here. There’s much that can be dumped. I’m no longer looking for opportunity for the Commission to serve and grow. It has become an institution, this PDC –and now a place to move from. The exit strategy becomes more clear. I no longer have to manage it, I need only manage myself.

9:43 p.m. At home – Bush – Gore debates. S2K's goal is that one be at home in the world. I really don't fit well – it is a different world I see.

10:52 p.m. I'm tired. The world is unfinished and ever shall be. I did not know this when young. I thought there was an end. I was taught there was an end. The world had edges you could fall off of. Now I see a world without end – an always unfinished world. So I am patient – of necessity. Amen – & sleep.

And on the Steps page is written: 10/28/2000 – I thought patience was an end. The hike to patience – it is something to get. Here it is shown as a means of pursuing K.

Patience at a distance in the spring.


Patience is always there, year in and year out, season by season. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment