Thursday, March 26, 2015

x2 Step 85 – Journal Step 84 - Review



Today: Step 85 - I find happiness in small things today. (MP3)

Greetings All –

From the journal Step 84 - Review

 
11:37 a.m. Saturday, November 11, 2000 –@ the AARP 55 Alive Driving Course. I've got to take by physical condition more seriously and exercise. Greater focus and simplification is needed for RI. Too many distractions to my mission.

In the woods today.

3:20 p.m.@ truth – on School House Road overlooking Route 66. This year for honoring the land I have Virginia tobacco leaf and Indian corn. This is the third year of the ceremony, perhaps 4th. I decided to do it on 11/11/00 – at least began, because I won't get to every place today. I start here because that's how I feel guided. I also need to do my long review.

I'm more comfortable with my Senior Planner status. On NPR today they talked of David Brower, founder of the Sierra Club and other groups who, in his career, was ousted from some slots due to his "lack of managerial skills" which really meant his emotion.

I needed the directorship experience, but as an evangelist – I need freedom to follow the emerging knowledge.

I'm slowly getting the S2K truth. I am/we are spirit. The challenge for mind and body to serve spirit instead of lead to their own limited conclusions. To self-monitor, self-discipline – and not to abuse power/making domination the outcome is a partial statement of the challenge. There appear to be forces – and they need be dealt with as our world changes.

3:45 p.m. #1 offer tobacco and corn to the 7 directions …

Feeling of the woods is home – as usual – only more so...

5:46 p.m. Su-ne – with extra corn & tobacco @ the point of Su – where I had my first holy instant.
#9
6:45 p.m.@ home– by the maple tree.

– Regional Being – I did not start out regional. I was born in a local hospital and lived the early years committed to my local boundaries.

So – my honoring of points for the seven directions – centered on each vortex, but relating to and honoring all spirits, guides, unseen ones, souls, spiritual family, devas, past and present – for their support.

8:04 p.m. Now…the long practice. Here in the quiet house. At 55 Alive it is clear to me that I must increase my focus and minimize distraction. I also need less – and will need to keep things simple in order to have time for regions.

84 – Review… "Allow your external life to become rearranged as your inner life begins to emerge into shine its light upon you.”

10:21 p.m. The review is being completed. I have experienced the stillness this week in a deeper way – a satisfying way. My spirituality is personal. It happens when I'm alone and focused. In group situations – or now as I listened to a CD to overplay the TV which Cindy is watching – I receive/connect with souls of others – here John Boswell. I can feel the Spirit in all that makes up this room, this house. I'm singular, yet not alone. Review complete 10:45 p.m.

Here are the points recorded on the Review cards.

 



As a spiritual seeker one may do strange things. I saw a Native American ceremony in Virginia where the chief used tobacco and corn to honor the land. He did so to the four directions. I copied that, not because I was Native American, the DNA test recently showed that there’s no Native American genetics in me, but the Celtic and German tribes, the DNA ancestry I have. Those tribal cultures honored the land, but their ceremonies were lost, so that need to honor the land came forth and the Native American ceremony is that which has survived, so, that is what I used. To the four directions, North, South, East and West, I added spirits above, spirits below and spirits here where I stand. I used corn and tobacco. I did this for several years, then there was no longer a need.

Your journey may have such elements, or not. There are many ways to honor Spirit. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment