Monday, March 23, 2015

x2 Step 81 – Journal Step 81 - I will not deceive myself today.



Today: Step 82 - I will not judge another today. (MP3)

I will not judge another today. Step 82


AGAIN WE PRACTICE THIS LESSON, which we will repeat at certain intervals as you proceed. Judgment is a decision not to know. It is a decision not to look. It is a decision not to listen. It is a decision not to be still. It is a decision to follow a convenient form of thinking that keeps your mind asleep and keeps you lost within the world. The world is full of error. How could it be otherwise? Therefore, it does not require your condemnation but your constructive assistance.

DO NOT JUDGE ANOTHER TODAY. Remind yourself of this upon each hour and consider it briefly. Remind yourself of this in your two meditation practices, where you make this statement and then enter into stillness and receptivity. Do not judge another today so that you may be happy.

PRACTICE 82:      Two 30-minute practice periods.
Hourly practice.

Picture: This is the Right Reverend John, founder of the "Church of the Here and Now." In this 2003 picture, he's using the pulpit I built for his church use in 1980, when he left the PDC to start-up a new regional job training agency. He'd been a priest, but dropped out to study law. He did not judge people, he served them. He crossed over in 2006. He was a teacher.


"I will not deceive myself today." Step 81
 
12:31 a.m. Wednesday, November 8…
Sarah called. She sounded good. David has a job…for two days – great. The world is full of practitioners – I am one.

S2K takes time. No doubt Marshall is bothered by the slow speed of dissemination. I feel the exercises taking hold this second pass…then there’s the third.

Step 81 – “I will not deceive myself today.”

I will give up – “false assumptions, self-comforting ideas and the luxury of self-condemnation.”

10:56 p.m. #2’ – “I will not deceive myself today.” In order to bring to light any degree of the Regional Intelligence vision I’ve received will take an enormous amount of work.

“…examine the mystery and the truth of your life.” I am conscious enough to seek the truth of my life and accept the mystery of the fact that I can write this thought on physical media, having the thought, being the thought within the mystery of creation. S2K says both science and religion ignore spirituality.

This was a day where the journal was used to record thoughts of the Step. I have more confidence in the Steps, having been a Student for 17 months at this point. I'd begun at the end of June in 1999. I wrote out the Step twice in the journal. That is part of the learning process – to pay attention to the words as they are hand written. This duplication and mundane thoughts are recorded in these posts to demonstrate the range of thoughts that one can include. For it to be useful to your learning, you'll need to be able to recognize old thoughts that are no longer used because they've become unuseful. Let us continue.

NNC
 



Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment