Tuesday, March 31, 2015

x2 Step 90 – Journal Step 89 - My emotions cannot dissuade my Knowledge.



Today: Step 90 - Today I will make no assumptions. (MP3)

Greetings All –


"My emotions cannot dissuade my Knowledge." Step 89
12:26 a.m. Thursday, November 16, 2000 – nothing has changed? Regional Being, Being Regional. Tell everyone… Hey look – you are regional. Your range of travel is enormous.

12:38 a.m. I read LTWOK – as I sit on my side, reading in bed, I know I've been reading like this – a married man/unmarried/then married again – for over 25 years. Each spiritual book expanded my thinking…now it's LTWOK/S2K/GCW…and I need to keep building my skills. So – this is my life of relationships. Amen & Amen.

7:10 a.m. "My emotions cannot dissuade my Knowledge." Step 89 – in spite of emotional pain, I move on.

This was a day to deal with emotional pain. The Steps book pages also are a place for journal comments. On this page, green ink is from the first Steps study, blue ink from the second. 

 
The Step begins:

“EMOTIONS DRAW YOU LIKE THE STRONG WINDS. They pull you from place to place. Perhaps in time you will be able to understand their mechanism more thoroughly.”
It goes on later to say:

“Even anger serves a greater purpose here, for it shows you that you have violated Knowledge. Though your anger may not be directed towards another, it is simply a sign that something has gone wrong and that correction has to be made.”

This provides hope that understanding can be achieved. This work-out is saving my life, though I’m not totally aware of it at the time.

Knowledge is getting me through a day at a time. I’d done much of the 12 Step program for Alanon in the 1980’, so I knew the value of having a practice. Steps to Knowledge is a similar methodology and can take one further. That’s what I required at this time of my life.

Thanks to Steps practice I was able to adapt and survive. I hope you aren't in such a position, but if so - it is good that you are doing Steps. Let us continue.
 NNC
 

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment