Tuesday, July 14, 2015

x2 Step 195 - Knowledge is more powerful than I realize. – Journal – Step 194



Today:  Step 195 - Knowledge is more powerful than I realize. (MP3)

“Knowledge is more powerful than I realize.” Step 195

KNOWLEDGE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU REALIZE. It is also more wonderful than you realize. You are as yet afraid of it because of its great power. You are unsure if it will dominate you or control you, unsure of where it will take you and what you will have to do and unsure of what the result of all this will be. Yet, as you go away from Knowledge, you re-enter confusion and the world of imagination. As you come closer to Knowledge, you enter certainty, confirmation and a world of reality and purpose. How can you know Knowledge from a distance? How can you determine its meaning without receiving its gifts?

COME CLOSE TO KNOWLEDGE TODAY. Allow it to silently abide within you, as you are learning to silently abide with it. Nothing could be more central to your natural experience than the experience of Knowledge. Be glad that it is greater than you realize, for your evaluation has been small. Be glad that you cannot understand it yet, for your understanding would only limit it and its usefulness to you. Allow the great to be with you so that your greatness may be demonstrated and experienced today.

TAKE THIS IDEA WITH YOU AND PRACTICE IT UPON THE HOUR. Keep it in mind throughout the day. In your two longer practice periods, allow yourself to experience the depth of Knowledge. Feel the power of Knowledge. Strengthen your resolve to do so. Dedicate your self- discipline, for here self-discipline is wisely employed. Knowledge is greater than you realize. Therefore, you must learn to receive its greatness.

PRACTICE 195: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

For the Step 195 picture, I looked at all those in my working collection over the past two weeks. Thirteen candidate pictures were selected. The major notion was to depict some aspect of “power,” but none of the images gave what seemed needed. The church here represents a setting where an openness to Spirit would be one’s meditative state for the Step's recognition: “Knowledge is more powerful than I realize.”

This may not resonate for some, but I've been amazed by the size of European cathedrals since I first saw them in the 1970's, a period when I was agnostic. It seemed to me it was the power of the spiritual ideas of Jesus that led to such powerful building manifestations, particularly those flooded by light. In the case of other messengers and the buildings related to their religions, the feeling has been the same; powerful ideas in those times and where unadulterated, still today.


9:35 p.m. March 1, 2001 – The year of grief will soon be over. I've been unburdened: I am not certain where to commit my energies – by the completion of S2K – round 2 – I hope to be in better contact with my goals – needs – path – too many options just yet – I need to focus.

Step 194 – "I will go where I am needed today." In practice #1 I had a sense of a vastness of Knowledge underpinning the world. The meditation was deep and easy.

Read GCW II – "Honesty" – that a huge trip. Not through it – some sense of correlation with RUOW. Working on a bigger problem – RHG et all. What is my role?

Going where needed? Went to Winchester Rotary for makeup… Sat @ the Front Royal table, but everyone left early. I was alone…didn't seem needed. The meeting ended early. I talked to Chuck W… and Steve B…, so there ended up being a purpose. Interact with others… I was needed @ work.

There is a lot to pay attention to in life when a Steps student. At some point it comes to be second nature, but the learning curve is long. Let us continue.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment