Wednesday, July 1, 2015

x2 Step 182 Review ~ Today marks the completion of the first stage of your preparation – Journal – Step 181



Today: Step 182 - Review (MP3)



TODAY MARKS AN IMPORTANT TURNING POINT in your preparation. Today marks the completion of the first stage of your preparation and the beginning of a new stage. Review the past week in one long practice period and then take time to think how far you have come and how far you need to go. Recognize your growing power and strength. Think of your outer life and recognize how much needs to be accomplished there, both on your own behalf and for the well-being of others. Recognize how little you know and how much is available to you. Do not let any self-doubt dissuade you in your undertaking, for you need only participate to receive the greatest gift that life can give.

REVIEW THE PAST WEEK AND THINK NOW of what has transpired in your preparation thus far. Observe the development that has occurred within you these past few months—the growing sense of presence, the growing sense of inner certainty, the growing sense of inner power. Allow for the fact that your outer life has begun to open. Certain things that were fixed before have now been loosened so that they may be rearranged on your behalf. Allow your outer life to be rearranged, now that you are not seeking to dominate it for your personal protection. As a greater certainty arises within you, outer circumstances must be rearranged on your own behalf. Thus, you become a source of change and not the recipient of it only.

RECOGNIZE HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME, but keep in mind that you are a beginning student of Knowledge. Allow this to be your starting point so that you may assume little and receive a great deal. From this great point of reference, you will be able to see beyond the prejudice and the condemnation of humanity. You will be able to see beyond a personal viewpoint and have a vision of the world that the world is desperate to receive.

PRACTICE 182: One long practice period.


8:10 a.m. Friday, February 16, 2001 ... Up early, but that time was spent getting email up to date. I need more time or I need to be more efficient with my time. Life with Cindy, feeling warmer for the present.

I'm going to see Alan Voorheis Monday. I want to present my ideas, but I don't know where to start – I want to find out first what the intent was…and then give my ideas about alignment of regions for regional community building.

We are/localities are/members of communities. There are forces that fragment and focus and those that combine to consolidate.

Out of the windows, here in my home, I see local. With my other mind, I see regional options for earth – and with GCW – must expand that scope to an unbounded universe.

The physical has limits, is temporal, evolves consciously & unconsciously (invisible to humanity?), and is where my mind is currently focused.

Boundaries focus, set limits, define responsibilities.

9:45 p.m. Practice #2 – 181 – "Today I received the Love of Knowledge." I've got to get through this so I can have a glass of wine.

I called Sarah. Leland answered the phone. She wasn't there. She was at David's. At least he didn't run. Whether or not they can make it and raise a child – I don't know. My prayer is that they might.

Although I’ve been a student of Steps/Knowledge 18 months at this point, spirits – wine, are still part of my personal therapy program. Some people have never had an alcoholic drink, as it was not part of their culture, and they have no interest. That is a benefit to them. I grew up in Wisconsin, an alcoholic state. Its use was as natural as could be when I was growing up and remains that way today. Drugs are another level of self-medication. I never went that route. In college, 1965-68, when marijuana and LSD were around, I had no interest. It seemed my thoughts were odd enough without any of that help. I stuck to the legal drugs, alcohol and caffeine. Keeping your mind clear and being open to listen for Knowledge is the skill we are developing. Some habits have to be moderated. I do become more effective at that in the future. Some stresses stillness and meditation don’t quite manage for me at this stage.

On the good news side today, the journal I thought I’d lost was found today under the front seat of my car. Amazing that I couldn’t see it the first time I checked the car. I did not get anxious; so – saved, but a reminder to be cautious in the future. Let us continue.


NNC


Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment