Friday, July 17, 2015

x2 Step 198 - Today I will be strong. – Journal – Step 197



Today: Step 198 - Today I will be strong. (MP3)
 
“Today I will be strong.” Step 198
BE STRONG TODAY. Follow the plan that is given to you. Do not hold yourself back or alter the instructions in any way. There are no shortcuts here; there is only the direct way. You are given the steps. Follow them. Be strong today. Only your ideas of yourself speak of weakness. Only your evaluation of yourself says that you are pathetic, incapable or inadequate. You must have faith in your strength and exercise this faith to realize your strength.

UPON THE HOUR REPEAT THIS STATEMENT and attempt to experience it in whatever circumstance you find yourself. Within your two deeper practice periods today, use your strength to engage in stillness completely. Allow your mind to be freed of the chains of its own concepts. Allow your body to be freed of a tormented mind. In this, your mind and your body will settle into their natural function, and all things will fall into right order within you. Knowledge will then find expression through your mind and through your body. From this you will be able to bring into the world that which is greater than the world, and your life will be confirmed as a result.

PRACTICE 198: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


9:02 a.m. Sunday, March 4, 2001 –

Know Earth or there'll be No Earth.

11:48 a.m. I have to be regional – my movements, my interests, my confined to the local – local – local – lot where I live.
Review ~ long practice. I reviewed the Steps yesterday and made my index cards of key points. Had to finish reading my 2 weeks of journal entries.

7:20 p.m. I'm here – on earth – in my home, on my rocking chair. I've eaten to be stuffed again. The TV was on – it gave me no new information. It is quiet – at night – a big snowstorm may move in. Many are waiting for that – to save them from something. I've done little things today.

I here – age 54 – intending to move toward Knowledge. To connect and thus, somehow, be of use to God, creation, humanity, my spiritual family – and even myself – whomever I might actually be. It is all continuing – the manifest. Everything keeps moving and changing – at least the looks change. It is my intent to be available to help – though I don't know who or why or how the shall happen.

I sense the Creator's intent in the manifestation is good – that it might be a place for life, and that is what it is. I am willing to do my part while I am here in body, whatever that might be. Can I plant seeds to improve the system? Bring through a viewpoint? Shall try.

Amen & Amen
T-om Su-ne
Family of Sharone

Phone line busy – is there more?

The direction of humanity in the worldit is toward complexity. As souls we are equal? In life experience there is individuation – cultures – religions. I can be still, yet there is human movement – new lives, more lives – all to keep the activity going. OK

11:23 p.m. Talked to Sarah. M.E. has changed her mind? Wants Sarah to keep the baby – she will help. I want Sarah to be able to parent. I want David to do so the same. The fact that M.E. and I couldn't do it is scary – but…there's enough to sustain life.

The weekend is done. I got some small things done. There was progress…forward movement – yet short of my goals, my list, my desires 

This part of the entry: “I reviewed the Steps yesterday and made my index cards of key points”, reminded me of how I’d actually produced the cards, so my use of them will be more consistent going forward. Don’t kid yourself, there is nothing easy about doing the Steps honestly, and seeking to hold the new ground in one’s mind. Let us continue. We are building strength for “who knows what” situations?

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment