Saturday, July 11, 2015

x2 Step 192 - I will not neglect small things today. – Journal – Step 191



Today: Step 192 - I will not neglect small things today. (MP3)
“I will not neglect small things today.” Step 192
DO NOT NEGLECT THE SMALL THINGS TODAY that are necessary for you to do. Doing small things does not mean in any way that you are small. If you do not identify with your behavior and activities, you can allow your greatness to exist as you undertake them. Someone who is great can do small things without complaint. Someone who is with Knowledge can undertake mundane activities without any sense of disgrace. Activities are only activities. They do not constitute your true nature or being. Your true nature or being is the source of your life, which will express itself through your small activities as you learn to receive it and to see it in proper perspective.

DO NOT NEGLECT SMALL THINGS. Care for small things so that your life in the world may be stable and may progress properly. Today, in your deeper practices, again enter the greatness and the depth of Knowledge. Because you have attended to small things, you can now spend this time of devotion and giving. In this way, your outer life is managed properly, and your inner life is attended to as well, for you are an intermediary between the life of greatness and life in the world. Thus, you attend to the small and you receive the great. This is your true function, for you are here to give Knowledge to the world.

AS BEFORE, REPEAT YOUR PRACTICE UPON THE HOUR. Take it with you. Do not forget.

PRACTICE 192: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Remembering the hourly is difficult for all students. If you are in the world working, time can be very hard to keep track of. Simply a reminder that cell phones and computers can be set up with hourly chimes. There is a skill to finding a tone. As beginning students we must do the best we can. There is no failure.


February 26, 2001

9:17 p.m. Where am I? I worked until 7 p.m. … At home – ate – watched NASCAR race @ fast speed. Then got into emails…which ate time. I keep looking for connections – a few here and there. Either I'm wasting time or following guides to my partners. Ideally it is the 2nd, but it feels like the first.

I'm working to practice #2 –

Strange dream this a.m. I was in one place, but going to fly to Madison (?) and get the car that was there. I went to the airport for a ticket, but there was great confusion and no direct flight. The time, cost, delays made me decide to drive a rental car there to get the other car. I had to wake up/did wake up and make the decision.

10:17 p.m. I could only do 16 minutes of 30 – muscles need stretching. What I'm doing results in nothing – so I should eliminate the middle effort and just do nothing.

Tomorrow's lesson is not neglecting small things. Everything I do is small or tiny. The times go byWhat have I done? Is any of it necessary? How do I know the necessary from the un?

10:50 p.m. Going through a weird set of emotions…ready for bed…ate herring & olives – compulsive on food – or is there a reason – another hunger?

Normal disjointed day. I left the dream in, not because it made sense, but because like many, I went through a period of paying attention to my dreams. I don’t think I ever got a lot out of them, except for a laugh. I’ve woken up in lucid dreams, but other than the sense of reality of the moment. Those thoughts that I have when I wake up are the ones I pay attention to. I’ll often write in the journal “on waking…” No doubt processing, learning and messaging goes on as our bodies sleep, but I don’t recall dreams being a big source. Perhaps as I go through these journals, I’ll be reminded of times they were important.

Let us continue.
NNC


Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment