Thursday, July 23, 2015

x2 Step 204 - I will be at peace today. – Journal – Step 203



Today:  Step 204 - I will be at peace today. (MP3) 

I will be at peace today. Step 204


BE AT PEACE TODAY. Let not your negative imagination conjure up images of loss and destruction. Let not your anxiety overtake your concentration on Knowledge. To objectively consider your world and the Greater Community in which you live should not incite fear but respect—respect for the power of the time in which you live and its importance for the future, respect for your own emerging abilities and their usefulness in the world that you perceive, respect for the greatness of the physical universe and respect for the power of Knowledge which is greater even than the universe that you perceive.

REMIND YOURSELF TO BE AT PEACE UPON THE HOUR. Utilize your strength and your devotion for this. Give yourself to this. In your deeper meditation practices, using the RAHN word if necessary, allow your mind to become still so that it may enter into the greatness of Knowledge, which it is intended to serve. Be at peace today, for Knowledge is with you. Be at peace today, for you are learning to be with Knowledge.

PRACTICE 204: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


March 10, 2001
a.m. …
My own thinking, path guidance is itself GC/K presence – my body/personal mind is not doing this. Soul/spiritual family is taking over.
Driving here to Tysons – for Cindy's hair appointment – I envisioned myself as a vortex/crossroads for many ideas
Moving through time & space, connecting ideas and exploring evolution which is underway. Like the GPS now used to track race cars, the SPS – soul positioning system I intuited years ago, is at work – new perspectives being sent my way regularly.

Step 203 – The Greater Community is influencing the world I see.
Practice #1 – Strong mind/weak mind. My personal mind has been confused for a long time. It has not been strong. My body was judged weak, experienced as weak, and my mind worked to protect my body. My ideas created/still create strong reactions in others. They are right – I am wrong – I get meek and retreat, or have become wise and remain hidden. Many minds are strong, but misguided. Might may make right – but outcomes may be poor – and judging that so – seems to be off limits.

Is truth a judgment? Often the results are accepted as success even when people are worse off.

How can I "Know" that my mind is strong in K – not weak?

With this greater perspective on I am stronger in my ideas for cooperation. More flows in that track. I am seeing better how the world plays out.

3:10 p.m. GCW II p. 138 – “What you think and what you do are guided by what you value and what you feel is essential”.

What I-value and what I feel is essential is cooperation. Where does that come from? … In grade school, with little physical skill – a genetic effect or lack of nurturing – stimulation effect, I was always last on the team.

In football, however, the strategy side got me to the quarterback slot – until physical limits again to over.

With Mom & Dad – I could see how lack of cooperation limited growth – or misguided it. Mom preached self–sufficiency, but the hospital stories made her the leader. The kids in the hospital cooperated – conspired to laugh.
Boy Scouts? – Not much cooperation in actuality, though it was the goal. Class of 64 – couldn't build a float.

The newspaper was the greatest use of cooperation – to get a product. I dominated.

At Sentry – teamwork/competition in stocking – customer service there and in paper route. …

Luther league – some cooperation
– Team teaching – 10th grade – history & literature. The lesson of Social Studies – Mr. Leroy – the value of cooperation – the Navajo Code–talkers – I knew of them in 8th grade – 1958 –

The Germanic background – manufacturing in Two Rivers – the better city, compared to Manitowoc; the valuing of education – the freedom to think – and discuss.

Having friends – as a group – a little on the edge, but never a loner.

Communication is what I studied – the response to perception of its lack in the world. The desire to communicate for a better world, but not knowing the message. Finding planning as a method – then slowly understanding it has a communications tool and now device for building community.

So…this remains what I value and feel essential – com–munity or comm–unity – and the nest of com's that create & sustain it.

What I value is – unity – it's maintenance in spite of physical subdivision of the Whole into parts.

Amen & Amen
T-om Su-ne
3:33 p.m.

On top of this, a few thoughts on the Steps page.
 


“Flooding the planet with souls-promoting divisiveness” a speculation on my part. Then, “more than ‘the spell of matter,’” that a term from Ken Carey’s “The Starseed Transmissions: An Extraterrestrial Report” published in 1982. The source is explained in the text of the book and the paragraph is excerpted below:



There was and still remains many beautiful thoughts given to us from the realms of Spirit. Making sense of all of this is our goal and, is overcoming perhaps “the spell of matter.”

Trying to understand my thinking and influences in my life that put me where I am. This is what Steps leads us to consider for self-understanding. This will take more work.

NNC

Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment