Friday, January 16, 2015

x2 Step 16 - Journal Step 15 - I shall listen to my experience today.



Today: Step 16 - Beyond my mind is Knowledge. (MP3)


Beyond my mind is Knowledge. Step 16


BEYOND YOUR MIND IS KNOWLEDGE, the true core of your being, your True Self, not the self that you have constructed to negotiate the world, but your True Self. From this True Self come thoughts and impressions, inclinations and direction. Most of what your True Self communicates to you - you cannot yet hear, but in time you will learn to hear as your mind becomes still and as you develop the necessary refinement of listening and discernment.

TODAY PRACTICE IN THREE PERIODS OF 15 MINUTES EACH. Listen more carefully than the day before. Listen for deeper inclinations. Again you must listen without judgment. You must not edit anything. You must listen deeply so that you may learn to hear.

PRACTICE 16: Three 15-minute practice periods.

Picture:  Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National Park – March 23, 2015
 
From the journal Step 15 - I shall listen to my experience today.

Sunday, September 3, 2000

11:03 a.m. Intentionality bounds, makes things local – separate –

4 p.m. Songs – songwriters – used to be rare. Now everyone makes their own music. It seemed – there were only a few songs in the 1950s, 60s – more & more and more music, and much more coming. True of computers of course, – what else? Cars once, things mostly, but now – high population and high diversity.

– Social space – the mapping of by artists – an art exhibit at CU. – The region as social space.

– I am to write about this. It will be my focus.

5 p.m. The local world is regional. There's little you can do confined to the boundaries of the "local" –

– beneath the region sky

9:25 p.m. Exercise #15 – "I shall listen to my experience to day."

Listening to the content of my mind. It has cleared significantly in the past year. Content – an image of Christen, one of Ti-Mar, TV commercials, safety in warehouse stores – safety/risk is a content; unnamed people images – from where? experience? TV? Images of the day – Pearl St. Mall – Gothic punks – the drive to Nederland can bring forward old images – pinup girls, old movie scenes – 2001: A Space Odyssey; images created by text based news stories – horrors of humanity; sexual fantasies; my family past; thousands of memories; work knowledge; relationship knowledge; learned know how appropriate to my work; ideas ooze out of my mind; an internal movie with chase scene and money needs; a blue light – been there for years; fear is a content; time and distance calculations – logistics; desire for alcohol, tobacco, coffee and other food–drugs; the capacity to create stories/dreams from/snatch events/envy for good cars – Audi- A8/spirituality – creation stories – Urantia/ACIM/RUOW/T3M/Bible/– projections of a future/futures/. Stories of my family members/readings given to me/events – my decisions to stay as David's parent; future projection of the need for solid cooperation; and insights, stillness, intention, through the open space skylight in my being – the ability to receive and put to words, sometimes content is numbness and inability to do – a fatigue aversion to time spent exercising, impatience and patience are both contents. My healing response to family – David, Sarah, Mom – things that respond and help each become more calm/. Judgments and ratings of attractiveness/sexuality/and impossibility – a sense of what futures might bring/an ability to see nuance, experience absurdity and not criticize; financial fears – and indolence – acting richer than I am, things that will not last or be passed on; joys that can only be shared with spiritual family/guides if they are tuned in with the flow/ Style? – Simple and "caring not," old retired ideas, ends/beginnings/continuous middles; passion for regions/tolerance for my partner Cindy/a voice/voices which give ideas/answers/thoughts;

This day I took the time to write out the exercise. It is no Joycean stream of consciousness, but it was useful to me in this mind training.

Two thoughts from the Step to help focus on the goal:

“To separate thoughts from Knowledge is one of the great accomplishments which you will have an opportunity to learn in this course.”

“You are listening for something deeper than the mind, but you must go through the mind to get there.”

Quite a bit is being presented in these early Steps. Our minds aren’t prepared to pay attention to everything all-at-once. We can get better at it. Let us continue.

NNC

No comments:

Post a Comment