Sunday, January 4, 2015

x2 Step 4 - Journal Step 3 – What do I really know?


Step 4 - I want what I think I know. (MP3) - Journal - Step 3

Greetings All –

I want what I think I know. Step 4

YOU WANT WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW, and this is what constitutes the basis of your understanding of yourself and your world. In fact, this constitutes the basis of your whole identity. You will find, however, upon honest examination that your understanding is based upon assumptions primarily, and these assumptions have not been founded upon your experience to a very great degree, if at all.

TODAY IN YOUR THREE BRIEF PRACTICE PERIODS, in which you devote your total attention to examining your assumptions, think about the things you really think you know, including things that you have not thought to question before—things that you think you know. Today’s exercise, then, carries forth from the previous steps where you begin to see the difference between what you think you know and real Knowledge itself and the relationship between what you think of as Knowledge and your own assumptions, beliefs and hopes for things.

THEREFORE, IN EACH PRACTICE SESSION it is very essential for you to think about the things you think you know. When you realize they are based primarily upon your assumptions, you will realize how weak is your foundation in the world. Understanding this may be upsetting and disconcerting, but it is absolutely essential for you to give you the impetus and the desire to discover your true foundation in the world.

PRACTICE 4: Three 10-minute practice periods.

Picture: UCLA Campus, Los Angeles, California January 31, 2012

From the journal: Step 3 – What do I really know?

Monday, August 21, 2000

7:40 AM. – What do I really know? #1

I know I am alive in a body on the planet in a solar system. I know I have an intelligent soul and connections to other spirit beings. I know my physical, social and economic life is interdependent with other living things. I exist in a flow, a river of life that moves through time. I know I must maintain my bodily functions and keep strength to avoid disease. I minimize activities that are risky and could lead to harm. I know that as I've aged, my body is changing – and often slower. I know to avoid certain foods and substances. The mind and body work together, but can be lazy and depressed due to expectations about others.

5:38 PM. What do I really know? #2

I know it is very hard to transmit information and perhaps knowledge from one human mind to another. There is great conflict here at the commission where people don't really know the past – they’re guessing because they've not paid attention. This is personal Knowledge for in-life use.

I know some things about the trends of the earth and the environmental impact of errors humans are now making in their development of the planet. It all feels like too much work – keeping so many people busy – cleaning this, that and the other thing. What I Know beyond belief is that this is a transient reality – an experiment – full form – no rehearsal, where humanity must self organize in order to deal with other intelligences as intelligently as possible. There is much ground to cover. I'll do my best.

11:02 PM. #3 What do I really know?

At this moment, I know I'm tired. That is body feedback. Earlier it occurred to me I know how to take care of my body, but may not be using it. I know some math – for decimal systems and have a collection of facts & theories learned from my studies.

Entries are straight forward and focused, following directions. A more serious student this time around. Let us continue.

NNC


No comments:

Post a Comment