Tuesday, January 20, 2015

x2 Step 20 – Journal Step 19 - Today I wish to see.



Today: Step 20 - I will not let doubt and confusion slow my progress. (MP3)


I will not let doubt and confusion slow my progress. Step 20

WHAT CAN SLOW YOUR PROGRESS but your own indecision, and what can breed indecision save that which produces confusion of mind? You have a greater goal which is being illustrated in this program of preparation. Do not let doubt and confusion be an obstruction to you. To be a true student means that you are assuming very little and that you are directing yourself in a manner that you do not prescribe for yourself but which is given to you from a Greater Power. The Greater Power wishes to raise you to its own level of ability. In this way, you receive the gift of preparation so that you may give it to others. In this way, you are given that which you cannot provide for yourself. You realize your individual power and ability because they must be developed in order for you to follow a program of this nature. You also realize your inclusion in life as life strives to serve you in your true development.

THEREFORE, PRACTICE THE SAME PRACTICE that you attempted in the previous day in your two practice periods, and do not let doubt or confusion dissuade you. Be a true student today. Allow yourself to concentrate on your practice. Give yourself to practice. Be a true student today.
 
PRACTICE 20: Two 15-minute practice periods.

Picture:  River Lane - Sperryville, Virginia - July 25, 2015



9:25 a.m. Thursday, September 7, 2000

If I am in the world, and I am true, then what is it I might do – and with whom might I do it. To thine own self be true is the advice through Shakespeare. To be true to my truth I'd lead a different life. I can reconstruct the world through a different lens and show an alternative future. I need others – I don't want to isolate. Where is my place and how do I find it. How do I prepare for my own future? I keep missing my intuition in the stock market – in January, the thing would have been to buy the main-traditional stocks that were down. Self-management remains an issue.

Can the US prepare for regions?

Emergence of the local region. The economic landscape changes.

9:57 a.m. If I am true, then what am I doing here? There has been a level of wisdom, Knowledge and information in my life which I've not been using. The interference has been static from the illusory world.

We marvel at our technology – and struggle to make it work. Without technology, we can't physically cross boundaries of nature.

The world is bounded – it can be re-bounded.
---
3:45 p.m. Looking at a tin for teabags. I saw it as being true, that the S2K for the day #19 – I wish to see.

Then going out for the day I went downtown to the Boulder map store and, in things, saw what is true in them – the built environment, the plants and trees – the people – all true in this moment, retaining that truth even when I'm not there to look at them.

4:45 p.m. Just spent an hour reviewing my journal entries July 1, 1999 to July 27, 1999. It is interesting to see the PDC struggle and beginning reactions to GCW & S2K. I continue the process to connect to Knowledge at a greater level.

10:55 p.m. Back from the GC meeting. In the meeting exercise I learned that my obstacles to Knowledge were – fear, anger, beer and jealousy – What I projected on others – my strengths were persistence, openness – risk-taking, obstacles as presented by others – deference to others, being too accepting of others –

The service was sane – meditation, sharing, reading from LTWOK. People have come from other paths.

This day the journal contained a few interesting points, including the fact that I went to a Greater Community meeting at the Sanctuary. I was a beginner then and remain so today, as each time I go to the material, I see additional meaning or otherwise have insights.

NNC


Note: If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.

No comments:

Post a Comment