Tuesday, January 13, 2015

x2 Step 13 - Journal Step 12 – My individuality is to express life itself.

Today: 
I want to be separate to be unique. Step 13 (MP3) 

I want to be separate to be unique. Step 13

THIS THOUGHT REPRESENTS THE TRUE MOTIVE for separation, yet it is unnecessary. We do not give it here as an affirmation but as an expression of your current state. You want to be separate because this defines your self; your self is defined in terms of separation, not in terms of inclusion. Separation is the source of all your pain and confusion of mind. Your physical life demonstrates a separate life but only from a certain point of view. Given another point of view, it does not demonstrate separation at all. It demonstrates a unique expression of a Greater Reality.

ON TWO OCCASIONS TODAY, spend 15 minutes concentrating upon the idea for today. Think seriously about what this lesson means and call upon your own experience to reflect upon its relevance to your life. Reflect upon what your desire for separation has cost you in time, energy and pain. Realize your motivation for separation and you will know that you want to be free.

PRACTICE 13: Two 15-minute practice periods.

Picture:  Tourist - Arches National Park, Moab, Utah – October 21, 2015
 

Step 12 deals with an existential problem, stating it and answering within the paragraph:

HERE YOUR UNIQUENESS IS A GREAT ASSET and a source of joy, not a source of painful alienation and not a source of painful judgment against yourself or others. This distinction does not elevate you above or place you below anyone else. It merely pinpoints the real purpose behind your individuality and its great promise for the future. You are here to express something. That is the real meaning given to your individuality because you do not want to be separate anymore.

From the journal:

7:30 a.m. Thursday, August 31, 2000 –

Towns, cities, counties, states are all intentional forms of government. In order for the region to be effective it must be equally intentional. VDOT should map the PDC's – they are political subdivisions – the basis for many geographic activities.

10:30 p.m. I need to finish my job – LFPDC – so that I can begin my work. Yesterday I had an inkling to make my final investment move for ICMA – today the market moved – I'm not as invested as I might have been – the intuition was there.

Sitting out on the porch – unwinding – preparing to meditate.

What am I doing? I thought – "Looking for my life" was the answer.

“Regional cooperation” has been my focus in my work life. It is a conundrum in the world. Is that part of my thinking, recorded in my journal, the thing I am here to express? Perhaps necessary, but immensely boring to the world.

Though understanding that I can be: “at home in the world,” thanks to the first passage through Steps, specifically Steps 357 and 358, now about two months later, I’m “looking for my life.”

What important, yet boring/unsexy things are on your mind, in your journal as the “something” that “you are here to express?” In this round of Steps, there will be progress in our understanding. Let us continue.

NNC

No comments:

Post a Comment