Saturday, January 3, 2015

x2 Step 3 - Journal Step 2 - Knowledge is with me. Where am I?

What do I really know? Step 3 (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

Greetings All –

What do I really know? Step 3
 
TODAY ASK YOURSELF WHAT YOU REALLY KNOW and distinguish what you know from what you think or hope for or want for yourself or your world, what you are afraid of, what you believe in, what you cherish and what you value. Distinguish this question from all such orientations to the very best of your ability and ask yourself, “What do I really know?” You must continuously examine whatever answers you give to this question to see if they represent your beliefs or assumptions or the beliefs or assumptions of other people or perhaps even of humanity at large.

THREE TIMES TODAY, FOR 10 MINUTES EACH, ask this question and think very seriously about your response and about the meaning of this question, “What do I really know?”

PRACTICE 3: Three 10-minute practice periods.

Picture: Breakwater pier looking toward Port Washington, Wisconsin – August 14, 2010

Compared to the first time through Steps, there was much more thought recorded in the journal the 2nd Time.


10:40 a.m. Sunday, August 20, 2000

3 P's: People, Place & Purpose
– Am I truly with the right people (person)?
– Am I in the right place?
– Am I doing what I came here to do?

– Secret Room – What am I protecting from Knowledge in my life?

People – I am working with good people – I don't feel I found the right people yet.

Place – For the present, I'm in the right place.

Purpose – What I'm doing is important.

Secret Room – I'm unable to balance my life, fear of disappointing others more – fear that the marriage is an error.

Where am I now? – The meditation for Step 2.

11:05 a.m. Reflecting on GCW/S 2K – Starseed Transmissions/Ken Cary – suggests our role is to take human biology into the universe. As earthlings – we think/act like we are alone – and will take it out there. In fact we are naïve children, newcomers – who will have to find our place.

11:13 a.m. Step 2 – Knowledge is with me. Where am I?

#1. I am seeking a greater connection to knowledge and more experience/ understanding of what this means in my life and for others. On the one hand I’m more isolated, yet have become more active. My Regions Work mission – regional intelligence is focused on the whole world. It is beginning very small because I've not found people who have come up with the same perspective. I'm satisfied with this as my purpose, my vocation, my living –

I lack the resources to carry out my vision, so I must both articulate it, do it, fund it, find support. I need help – I've found some interest – but my pillars of relationship, health (energy/strength) and work (money) are less than they might be, though consistent with whom I've been. I'm overwhelmed with all that I think I should do. I feel I've not given/am not giving my children what they need.

5:04 p.m. #2 "Where am I in terms of my awareness of myself in the world?"

At the PDC, Sunday afternoon – to do the Agenda and Annual report – to make the Commission look good with an executive committee of Nora B--- & Bev F--- trying to make me look bad. That is the little picture – Tom in the world seeking to plan regionally and increase local government cooperation for this region and none other. As I learned my work and saw the world through regional eyes and then global eyes – a different awareness came up. At the same time I was seeking, seeking, seeking spiritual answers.

My little life has been full. It's tragedies have been small – my injuries few – I've been able to survive, but am yet to thrive.

I know I'm working for the future. I'm working in a State which is slow to adopt new methods. This made it a perfect place to learn – and I'm still somewhere in the middle.

S2K is a bigger picture into which I may fit. I'm concerned about the other students – that they not be extremists – though the view presented is extreme relative to local world mindsets.

I seek to strengthen my relationship to Knowledge and advance my mission in the world.

11:55 p.m. #3 – Myself in the world. A Spirit in a body? S2K says a Spirit/Impersonal mind served by the personal mind (ego?) and body. My body is healthy, but often weak, tired, lethargic – not wanting exercise. Never got much pleasure out of the physical – sex OK – but ... . I've had contact over the years from guides and spiritual family. I Know there is something to that realm.

The thought walking home from work in the dark, remembering a tiny ant I saw crossing a rock yesterday – I left it alone – no human crush – but crossing the street I was like that ant – walking through the design of life – at my scale – a little larger than the ant – but still not enough for a real perspective of the earth.

I don’t know where the “Secret Room,” exercise came from. The term is not in any GCS text I have and was only used once in ACIM. Having skipped a month to get to these posts, it might be explained in an earlier entry.

I reference Ken Cary. The transmissions he received were quite beautiful in their composition and thought. The link is to a YouTube reading of the book.

The writings reflect my thinking and integration of ideas as of the day I’m writing. Your own process is likely to have different thoughts, more detail or less. This is just a student, me, questioning.



Let us continue.
NNC

No comments:

Post a Comment