Thursday, January 15, 2015

x2 Step 15 - Journal Step 14 – Review

Today: I shall listen to my experience today. Step 15 (MP3) 


I shall listen to my experience today. Step 15

REALIZE THAT THE TRUE CONTENT OF YOUR MIND is buried beneath all that you have added since the day you were born. This true content wishes to express itself in the context of your current life and current situation. To discern this you must listen carefully and in time realize the difference between the true content of your mind and its messages for you and all the other impulses and wishes that you feel. To separate thoughts from Knowledge is one of the great accomplishments which you will have an opportunity to learn in this course.

THE ONE PRACTICE TODAY OF 45 MINUTES will be devoted to inner listening. This will require that you listen without judgment of yourself, even if the content of your thoughts is disturbing. Even if the content of your thoughts is disagreeable, you must listen without judgment to allow your mind to open. You are listening for something deeper than the mind, but you must go through the mind to get there.

PRACTICE 15: One 45-minute practice period.

Picture: Bear paw prints on the Dickey Ridge Trail, Shenandoah National Park. If you see paw prints, what might your experience offer?


From the journal:  Step 14 – Review

5:50 a.m. Saturday, September 2, 2000

Goal – get people to use the regional geography. – become regional community.

– In the centuries ahead, this will become more important.

– Heading off to Colorado for vacation. My primary goal is to meet other S2K students to determine my commitment to this teaching. I seek to be of use to God through Holy Spirit.

Earlier downstairs, while reading the newspaper – looking at cartoons – I had this perspective about life as part of "humanity" – this is one physical model within the creation.



2:05 p.m. At the Pittsburgh airport – in route to Denver. The whole notion of leaving spirit (Ancient Home) to travel in physicality and pick Earth humanity as the environment – losing contact when incarnate – with the group – which works to sculpt the evolving world and its many variations on the theme of life. Such is the model I construct this day. Thus I’m my personal self being observed by my impersonal self. I could be under other surveillance – but haven't done anything to require that. The worldly systems track different folks.

My goal is to work with the system structures that are emerging. The Harland Cleveland article in the September – October 2000 Futurist "Coming Soon: The Nobody in Charge Society" is helpful. I'll need to contact him.

Note: Last night I made a CD copy of my MS office files. That was/is so cool. I'm getting the value I wanted from my PC. Now to network that power and work on regional design. [A bit of techno-optimism.]

3:12 p.m. Step 14 – Review – One problem is that I do not have a standard stillness pose/sitting for the practice.

Why am I doing this anyway? Because I realized the need for Holy Spirit/Knowledge in my life in order to be my true self.

I am seeking the truth. I'll know I’ve found it when I'm free.

3:40 p.m. Little to review – will look at the start June 27, 1999.

There was little to review in Steps 8-13 because I hadn’t recorded much.

I may not have mentioned this before, but I am a fan of using 3 x 5 inch index cards as study aids and to capture ideas. This journey through Steps I began two sets, one for Steps review:


ReviewPoints from note cards

Initially, the focus was on those ideas relating to the practice of meditation. Late they became Review cards, taking points from the Steps as reviewed. The relevant points for this review - Steps 8 to 14:

S2K Meditation
8 – Take3 deep breaths – focus on an internal point – imaginary or in your body  - eyes closed – full attention w/o judgement & evaluation

9 – Practice stillness – no questions

12 – Practice two periods of silence
 
   
The second set is something that was done each day – writing on a card the Step of the day. When doing hourlies, I’d just take the card out of my shirt pocket – and have the sentence.



I used both sides of the card. It is a bit old-fashioned in the age of smart phones, but it would still work in many cases. A few extra blank cards can be carried for those flashes of insight that you’ll want to have captured.

Let us continue.

NNC

No comments:

Post a Comment